Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  how to handle flex or balance hours with Rally Dev

Posted Jan 08, 2020 12:18 PM

Hello community, 

I been trying to implement balance hours for our company and for this I did User Story for one year with name "Balance Hours" 

where each employee will have own balance hours, and report it accordingly in TimeSeet 
    The rule was: 
    1) if you did extra you add hours to your balance task how many extra hours you did in this day. 
    2) if you use balance hours you add balance hours with minus. 
    Timesheet example 
    User Story      Task       7th Jan      8Jan     9Jan 
    Customer US   TaskX      12             8          4
    Balance hours   Balance    +4          0          -4 

But, ...... Unfortunately ...  Rally did not support Negative Values in Timesheet. 

Could anyone provide good suggestion to me how is it possible to handle balance with Rally? 

Br, Denis 

• 2.  RE: how to handle flex or balance hours with Rally Dev
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2020 12:36 PM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Jan 09, 2020 04:07 PM
    Hi Denis,

It is not clear whether you have created your own timesheet app or whether you are using the inbuilt one. I assume because you are talking of a new field called Balance Hours that you have created something yourself.

What sort of field did you make "Balance Hours"? There are two types of field you can use Integer or Decimal. The integer is positive numbers only - Decimal will deal with negative numbers.

Revised answer! Oh I get it! You are adding extra stories and extra tasks to handle the balance and then tryinfg to add negative numbers into the inbuilt TimeSheet.

That won't work unfortunately. The field is an Integer.

------------------------------
    Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 3.  RE: how to handle flex or balance hours with Rally Dev

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2020 12:57 PM
    Edited by Nik Antonelli Jan 08, 2020 12:58 PM
    I've just done a double check on this. It seems that the field is actually a decimal and will hold negative numbers but the backend prevents it being set to negative.

So, in summary, it still won't work. Sorry.

Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software