Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Report Builder?

Posted Jan 20, 2020 10:30 AM
      |   view attached
    Are there any other options to have a report builder in Rally that will let me pick and choose what fields I want to report on? For example, the current report builder really limits any data I would like to gather (see screenshot). I don't really get to choose any data that I would use. I would like to have the option to join data on reports likely through a work product since we leverage hours on the tasks. We don't use the release so I would need to look at things from iteration to iteration. 

I would like to  build reports more suited to my environment where I can create an adhoc report to then use on a custom page or dashboard.  Is there a custom app that will allow me to create my dynamic reports across projects / workspaces that is not in the App Store? Are there additional options to create reports? 

• 2.  RE: Report Builder?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2020 09:48 AM
    There are times when customers say that the reports give them what they need. However, as you have found, they are quite limited in scope. Unfortuantely, they are based on technology that will most likely be deprecated in the not too distant future.

Custom apps are where most people go to when considering something that is not in the product.

------------------------------
    Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software
    ------------------------------