Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Deleting values from a dropdown field

Posted May 09, 2020 09:02 PM
    I have some values in the Priority dropdown field for Defect that I want to delete, but they're used by other projects and I'm getting an error. 
    Is there a way to find out where in the workspace these values are used?
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Olga.

------------------------------
    Agile Coach
    GE

• 2.  RE: Deleting values from a dropdown field

Posted May 10, 2020 09:34 PM
    Set up a custom page with the custom list app looking at defects only.  Set your project scope to the highest level possible. Filter the custom list on that field and filter for the value(s) you want to delete. The list will show you defects that have this value and what projects they are associated with.

• 3.  RE: Deleting values from a dropdown field
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2020 12:18 AM
    Hi Olga, Mitch:

Mitch's idea is helpful. However, keep in mind that some of these references to these values may also be by defects that are in closed projects. To find the references by items in closed projects, an administrator can go to the setup area -> workspaces and projects -> select the workspace, click fields, then select 'defect' in the drop-down and edit the Priority field. This will show you the field's definition. In there you shall see the total number of occurrences of all values of this field, you can click a link to 'show occurrences'. A pop up screen will then show you all occurrences, where you can sort by value, or by project and also see if the project is open/closed.
    Below is a screenshot of that screen. 

If the value you need to delete has occurrences in closed projects then you'll need to remove these first, before be able to delete it. The only way to do that will be to reopen the projects, which I'm not sure what the implication for you will be. 

Anyways, wanted to make sure you're aware of this.

I hope this helps.

Sagi

• 4.  RE: Deleting values from a dropdown field

Posted May 11, 2020 10:12 AM
    Sagi, this was super helpful! I resolved the issue thanks to both of you. Much appreciated!

Agile Coach
    GE

• 5.  RE: Deleting values from a dropdown field

Posted May 11, 2020 10:09 AM
    Thank you, Mitch! Very helpful

Agile Coach
    GE