Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  column width too wide

Posted Mar 24, 2020 11:24 AM
    When I navigate to pages I have already saved, the column width is always maximized and requires me to adjust them each time I look at the pages. Is there a way to set the column width for pages like iteration status, user stories, defects and etc? Every time I navigate back to them, they are maximum length and I have to adjust them to see the things I want to on the screen.

• 2.  RE: column width too wide
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2020 07:34 AM

Hi there, 

This really impacts my working life as well.
    I'm forever adjusting column widths to optimise the content I can see on-screen at once.  Thanks for raising it, @Charles Shroder.

I don't think column-widths are necessarily maximised, because on the other hand some need expanding rather than reducing. 

I know it's probably impossible to have a rule that will always set the best default column widths, given the wildly varying contexts that it might have to apply to.  It will inevitably sometimes seem somewhat arbitrary.

But the thing that is seethingly annoying is when you've just optimised your screen layout and the next Refresh (some of us hit F5 periodically on reflex) reverts it to the arbitrary layout.
    Worst of all was when something to do with clicking into a field automatically brought up the QDP, and after you'd finished, it closed itself and sent you back to the main screen -- but Refreshed the whole thing for you!  I think that's been resolved, as I haven't suffered it recently.

I'd like to make a special plea for the Quality Management screen.
    Its standard-width "Id" column usually contains a hierarchy-tree of Test Folders, navigating which rapidly sees the subfolders increasingly indenting till you can't see them at all without expanding the column width.

If the user's settings could remember that column width and the expansion state of that tree, it would be an immense benefit.

Many thanks, 

--Nev.

• 3.  RE: column width too wide

Posted Mar 26, 2020 03:48 PM
    We too are constantly having to adjust our columns.

------------------------------
    SHERI L. MOORE | SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
    ENTERPRISE PROGRAM MANAGEMENT OFFICE (ePMO)
    AMERICAN EXPRESS
    TRCN | 19640 N. 31st Avenue, MC: 18-02-01 | Phoenix, AZ 85027
    O: 602766-1656 | E: Sheri.L.Moore@aexp.com
    ------------------------------