Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Custom List With Deep Export - Query Initiative

Posted May 14, 2020 10:03 AM
    Good morning,
    I've recently started using the Custom List with Deep Export app to display and export data specific to one of our project teams.  However, I'm having trouble filtering the results down to a single initiative using the query builder in the settings for the app.  Regardless of the query I use, the app continues to return all initiatives for the team rather than just the specific initiative I'm looking for.  I have the level set to Initiative for the app.  Here are the queries I've tried, and in every case, all initiatives are still returned rather than just the one initiative I'm looking for I284:

(Initiative.FormatttedID = "I284") - I've tried this with and without the letter "I" based on what I've read, and neither work

(PortfolioItem.FormattedID = "I284")

(PortfolitoItem.Initiative.FormattedID = "I284")

(Initiative = "I284")

What I'm looking to do is only display I284 and its children, so I can export say 25 rows of data instead of 250 rows of data for all initiatives.  If anyone can provide any assistance on this, I'd be very appreciative.  

Thanks,
    Cory

• 2.  RE: Custom List With Deep Export - Query Initiative
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 10:12 AM
    Edited by Cory Archer May 14, 2020 11:01 AM
    Hi @Cory Archer,

If you set the Portfolio type on the settings page to "Initiative", all you need to do is to put in: (FormattedID = I1234)​

------------------------------
    Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Custom List With Deep Export - Query Initiative

Posted May 14, 2020 10:16 AM
    Well now I'm a little embarrassed.  I guess I was getting tripped up by the double quotes (").  Thank you for the help Nik!  Much appreciated.