Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Task Burndown?

Posted May 11, 2020 10:57 AM
    Is there a page or app in Rally to view a burndown chart for tasks? I've looked all around and found some apps that come close to that but not what I need. One of my teams is working on a project that has 1 story and 80-some tasks and I'd like to track the task burndown rate. The story and its tasks are in a release (NOT an iteration) and a feature and a milestone. There are no hours on the tasks, so I'd need something that tracks the number of tasks. Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Task Burndown?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2020 11:06 AM
    Does this fit the bill?

https://github.com/wrackzone/task-count-burndown

------------------------------
    Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 3.  RE: Task Burndown?

Posted May 11, 2020 11:26 AM
    Thanks Nik, that looks like it should work but I think I've messed up the implementation. I get a blank app, see below. Here is what I've done: went to the deploy folder, copied and pasted the HTML (I've tried all three files), created a new dashboard page that is filtered by release, added a custom HTML app to the page, copied the HTML, saved and selected my release. Where did I go wrong?

• 4.  RE: Task Burndown?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2020 11:47 AM
    Oh dear, I thought I had cracked it with that one. It looks like the originator of the repo stopped working on it before the latest version of Lookback API was introduced. 

It is not an app I am familiar with, but it looks like it would take a bit of time for someone to work on it to get it back into working order.

Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 5.  RE: Task Burndown?

Posted May 13, 2020 10:38 AM
    Hi Nik, that's too bad. I have a great need for this, though. Can I open a support ticket on it?

• 6.  RE: Task Burndown?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2020 12:33 PM
    Our support team will not be able to help you with that one. They only support the inbuilt pages and any issue that our product has. Custom apps are not supported and supplied as 'Example Code' or 'OpenSource'. Most of the work that I do on apps is to try and show the "Art of the Possible" rather than a fully supported product. There are companies that we know of that can provide bespoke app writing services and will give you support and bug fixing. If that is of interest, then a Google search might throw up companies like CustomAgile.

Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 7.  RE: Task Burndown?

Posted May 13, 2020 01:00 PM
    I thought that might be the case but it never hurts to ask. I submitted some feedback on the built-in Tasks page to add an option to view chart similar to what is on the Release Status page.