Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Reports / Custom Reports

• 1.  Reports / Custom Reports

Posted Sep 03, 2020 11:58 AM
    Is anyone seeing a problem with custom reports that have been moved from the reports page to the new custom reports page?
    We are having trouble with reports that involved time spent. Earlier it wasn't available to us and any existing reports for that complained that timekeeping wasn't enabled (which it was). Now I can create or run reports but then don't complete.

• 2.  RE: Reports / Custom Reports

Posted Sep 03, 2020 04:31 PM
    Edited by Mitch Goldman Sep 03, 2020 04:42 PM
    This has been a pain all day.
    So levels of the project tree will tell us time tracking is not enabled for the workspace or subscription, even though it is enabled on the workspace.
    Most reports of any decent size will not complete running. They will run for about 5 minutes and then return to the parameters screen without any results displayed.

So, new UI that was unannounced (as far as I can tell) with functionality that is full of bugs. Thanks!

• 3.  RE: Reports / Custom Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2020 10:52 AM
    Hi Mitch,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with the report page. Beta users reported no issues with the page so we felt confident to release. Also I'm sorry you feel like you were not informed of this release. We did release communications of this change in Trailblazers community and in this community a few weeks ago. Our engineers will be looking into this today and I will continue to inform this post on our progress.

------------------------------
    Product Manager
    CA Technologies, A Broadcom Company

• 4.  RE: Reports / Custom Reports

Posted Sep 08, 2020 11:10 AM
    Thanks, @Dan Green

• 5.  RE: Reports / Custom Reports

Posted Sep 08, 2020 11:53 AM
    Hi @Dan Green,
    FYI we have opened Case #: 32206381
    ​​
    Thanks!

• 6.  RE: Reports / Custom Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2020 01:58 PM
    Hi @Mitch Goldman,

We are actively working on the two issues you have identified. Issue one where Time Tracker is not enabled , code to alleviate this has been written and we are preparing to deploy this into production.​

The second issue where reports are not completing will need to be handled by support. It looks like you have opened a case with support which is good. This way support can work with you and our DBA's to get these queries fixed.

Product Manager

• 7.  RE: Reports / Custom Reports

Posted Sep 09, 2020 10:44 AM
    Hi @Dan Green, any progress to report?  All reporting on time tracking is broken. Any report that you try to create or run regarding time tracking will spin for several minutes and then return to the parameter screen without producing any results. Reporting on work items runs fine.​

• 8.  RE: Reports / Custom Reports

Posted Sep 10, 2020 08:37 AM
    For a week we cannot run report that are needed to report time charging that leads to paying employees and contractors. This has gone on too long. Please advise on what progress has been made. Thanks.

• 9.  RE: Reports / Custom Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2020 11:02 AM

@Mitch Goldman,

I am working with my team right now trying to fix the issue with the slow response time. We are also working with your company to get access to your data so we can use your data as our test set. We believe we can have this fixed by tomorrow potentially faster if we can get data access.

Product Manager

• 10.  RE: Reports / Custom Reports

Posted Oct 21, 2020 12:24 PM
    Hi

Is there an update on this issue. I cannot get any story duration data out of a custom report that I previously had working.

Thank you.

• 11.  RE: Reports / Custom Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2020 02:54 PM
    Edited by Dan Green Oct 22, 2020 02:55 PM
    @Jason Spotswood,

I am sorry you are running into issues with Rally Custom Reports. We were able to alleviate the earlier issues described.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please open a ticket with our Support Team here.

They will be able to assist you.

Best Regards,

Dan

Product Manager