I am getting this pop up error message when I try to run a query in the excel add-in. Can someone help please?
This error basically means that there already is an object in-memory for the Agile Central query results. There isn't any specific knowledge I could find we have, but I guess it could be if you have another instance of the Excel add-in running (perhaps last time you closed Excel , it didn't really close), perhaps another sheet where you ran a query.
Can you check to see if another Excel is running in your task manager?
If you didn't find that, then I suggest restarting the Excel itself and reconnecting. If that also didn't help then try to reboot your machine.
Let us know if any of that helped.
That kinda makes sense.
After I posted the question, I opened a new sheet to run the query and it ran successfully.
I guess it was still running something in the background on that specific sheet.
Yep. Indeed makes sense.
I don't think we can find in retrospect what happened, but I'd imagine a previous query didn't close, didn't complete or something along these lines.
Glad you got passed it.
I just came across another issue.
I don't see all the custom fields in the Query Columns list. I see some of them.
Is that supposed to be the case?
I believe we have a known issue with Multi-valued drop-down custom fields and the excel add-in. What is the type of the custom fields that aren't showing? Also, I assume these fields are not hidden for the project your excel is connected to, correct?
Yeah, they are multi value drop downs.
What about the new 2016 plug in for excel, does this allow for multi value drop downs to be exported?
The new 2016 Excel add-in (which is still in Beta) has it working. It's fixed in the new version.
Okay, great. Thanks Sagi!
In the 2016 plug in, it looks like the export is not applying filters. This is the expression I used. Am I doing something wrong?
Check out this page about how to define conditions and expressions:
It could be a little confusing.
You basically need to have the Expression field say '1', and then have your filter (Tags.Name = "CR") in this element of #1.
So the idea is you construct expression statements, then enumerate them 1,2,3 etc..
Then you build your expression 'statement' by creating a filter convention such as (1 AND 2) OR (3 AND 4) etc etc..
Got it! Thank you very much!
Now I have another error.
There's no field called "Symbol" in my workspace.
I'm just posting all my questions here as and when I see them, I don't know if there is a better way or process for such issues. Please do let me know if there's something else I should be doing.