Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Where can I find information about the Rally API quotas?

Posted Dec 03, 2018 11:51 AM

Hello,

I've written some scripts that automate the creation/deletion of Test Cases and Test Case Results. However, I seem to be running into some issues with quota limits. I generated an API key (type: full access) for my account, but after approximately a couple hundred uploads, my scripts started crashing due to a strange error. Waiting ~10 minutes before trying again would allow a few more uploads through before crashing again. A team member generated an API key, and when using the new one, the scripts didn't crash until that key had also been used for a couple hundred uploads. Our end goal is to upload over 2000 Test Cases, likely more, and each test case will have at least 1 result also uploaded. I have asked around in our company, and no one has run into any quota issues before because no one has used the API as extensively as my team.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, or give me an idea of where to point our Rally admins, please let me know!

Thanks!

Additional info: I'm using pyral for the uploads, and the rally_api gem for deletions.

#quota

• 2.  Re: Where can I find information about the Rally API quotas?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2018 07:01 PM

Hi David,

We don't have any rate limiting or throttling that happens within our API.  I don't have a good explanation for why switching API keys would result in the application continuing to function.

Do you have the error that was being thrown?

One thing I'd like to point out is that we have a bulk endpoint which will allow multiple operations to be performed at once.  It cuts down on the overhead of negotiating a new connection with each new work item.  You can find more about that here: https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/doc/webservice/bulk.jsp