Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How Might We Export Velocity History?

Posted Mar 04, 2019 01:23 PM

Velocity is calculated in various apps.  It's not in an object for us to query.

Unfortunately, the two velocity-related apps in our app catalog do not permit the exporting of their results in a tabular fashion (e.g., spreadsheet).  One of them lets you export its velocity bar chart as a PDF or JPG, but not as data.

Has anyone written an app that supports the exporting of velocity data as a CSV?

Thank you, in advance for any coaching/advice on this. -MJS

• 2.  Re: How Might We Export Velocity History?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 04:27 PM

Michael, If you use a Custom List with Type set to Iteration - Planned Velocity is an available field that can be displayed.  Then you can use the export function from the Custom List to get a CSV with the fields you wish.  I hope that helps.

-Edwin

• 3.  Re: How Might We Export Velocity History?

Posted Mar 05, 2019 03:50 PM

Thank you, Edwin.

We need to export the computed velocity history for teams, not the manually entered projected velocity.

Presently, only two apps in our app catalog show velocity, but only as bar graphs. Neither permits you to export the velocities in tabular (CSV) data form.  I briefly explored the source code for the velocity app in our catalog for which there was a GitHub reference:

https://github.com/RallyCommunity/PIVelocity/pulse

However, my skills are not advanced enough to see how to extend it to do what we seek.

Not sure how to request this extension.  Has anyone done this already?  Seems like it would be something that many folks would want.

Thank you, again, for your time and consideration!  Mike