Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I use the Excel AgileCentral 2.4.4 Plug-in to extract an Initiative and all correlated descendant portfolio and backlog items?

• 1.  How can I use the Excel AgileCentral 2.4.4 Plug-in to extract an Initiative and all correlated descendant portfolio and backlog items?

Posted Feb 08, 2019 10:29 AM

I recently installed the Excel AgileCentral v2.4.4 plug-in and attempted to build and execute a query to extract a specific Initiative (via Formatted ID) and all correlated descendant epics, features, and user stories.  I was not able to easily configure such a query via Manage Queries dialog and Type pull-down.  I was only able to build and execute separate, what I'll call, flat list queries to return separate lists of epics, features, and stories.  

Is there not a way to extract a correlated hierarchy from Group, Theme, or Initiative level down to User Story level if desired?

• 2.  Re: How can I use the Excel AgileCentral 2.4.4 Plug-in to extract an Initiative and all correlated descendant portfolio and backlog items?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 08, 2019 04:45 PM

hey Chris,  Unfortunately the Excel plugin does not export PI hierarchies like you're looking for.  That being said, you can use the Custom list With Deep Export, set it for any PI level you wish and Export Portfolio Items, User Stories and Tasks...   Give that a shot and let us know what you think.

Agile Central: Export Portfolio Items, User Storie - CA Knowledge 

Thanks,

Edwin