Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How to create Reporting for QA in CA Rally

Posted Oct 04, 2018 04:51 PM

Good Afternoon,

Maybe someone can help - I am trying to create some reporting for our QA Team in CA Rally -- 

Currently: I have the "Test Set Results Per Iteration" App setup on my dashboard -- which if I create a Test Set and include all of my test cases per Iteration in that test set and give them results - I am able to get reporting on that -- but at the bottom of the list, it does not show if I ran that test for a specific test case listed 5 times (it only shows the latest result). 

I'd like to report for each sprint team specifically for QA to the business with the following items:

--Out of all the User Stories and Defects - I want to see a list of all of the test cases created for each user story and defect

--I'd like to see the results of those test cases (how many times they were ran against and be able to see all of the results (not just the latest).

--I'd also like to see each work product tied to each test case (so I am able to see the defect or user story number associated with that test case, and any TAGS that may have been created (Ex. A tag might be used to write a note such as "No QA needed." 

Can anyone assist with QA Reporting best practices? Has anyone created a Custom QA Report they would like to share that they use to give to their business that they could help with?

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help,

Kyle

• 2.  Re: How to create Reporting for QA in CA Rally
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2018 05:47 AM

Hi Kyle,

I don't think there is a single report that would have all of that information, but you should be able to get most of it from either the Track > Iteration Status page or the Iteration Tracking app. The Iteration status page/app has a couple of default views, including one called Test Status. If you select the Test Status view it will display the the verdict of each test case, broken down by their work item. You can add the Tags field so that information is displayed as well. Unfortunately, it won't break down the test cases pass fail history. It will only display the most recent. 

I think the best option to view the history of results for each test case would be to use the Custom List app and to select Test Case Result as its Type. This will display a list of results that you can sort or filter by their test case.

• 3.  Re: How to create Reporting for QA in CA Rally

Posted Oct 05, 2018 10:07 AM

Good Morning - thank you for your reply. Okay. I found the Test Status default view on Iteration status -- that may work. In the Custom List App I am trying to find where to select Test Case Result as its type -- is that a filter? If I click Add Filter - I dont see anything except for "Test Folder." Could you assist with that? Thank you. 

• 4.  Re: How to create Reporting for QA in CA Rally

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 05:00 AM

Hi Kyle,

To select the type you would need to go to its settings. You can do this by clicking the gear icon in the upper right corner and then select the Settings option. From there you can find a drop down for type where you can select Test Case Results.