Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  What webhook expression will catch object creation?

Posted Oct 08, 2018 07:49 PM

I'm trying to create a webhook to fire on creation of a new Hierarchical Requirement. I've tried expressions that look for changes to attributes that should only occur on creation, but they seem to all be explicitly invalid. Any tips or a working example?

• 2.  Re: What webhook expression will catch object creation?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 10:05 PM

Hello,

Are you trying to create a webhook in your Reverse Proxy service on the CA API Gateway?
    I'm not sure what kind of expressions (assertions?) you tried but I believe another "Route via HTTP(S)" assertion needs to be used for sending an HTTP POST request to the third party URL in addition to the original "Route via HTTP(S)" assertion for communicating with the target application.
    It is in the nature of webhooks to send an HTTP POST to a URL when certain things happen, isn't it?

WebHooks Wiki Home: https://webhooks.pbworks.com/FrontPage

Best regards,
    Seiji

• 3.  Re: What webhook expression will catch object creation?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 09, 2018 12:33 PM

Thanks for the response, Seiji. It seems I wasn't very clear in my question, or am in the wrong place. I was asking about creating a webhook on the CA Agile Central webhook API. I've asked the question again in the correct community and will mark this as answered.

• 4.  Re: What webhook expression will catch object creation?

Posted Oct 09, 2018 05:25 PM

I've moved this question to the Agile Central flow, which should help you further. Thank you.

• 5.  Re: What webhook expression will catch object creation?

Posted Oct 10, 2018 02:25 AM

Here is the link to the other question.

What webhook expression will catch object creation? 

Michael