Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Convert task to story

Posted May 24, 2018 12:11 PM

Is there a way to convert tasks into user stories? We have a bunch of tasks created under just one story and I want them to be stories instead. 

• 2.  Re: Convert task to story
    Best Answer

Posted May 24, 2018 12:20 PM

I do not believe that AC gave the ability to convert tasks into User Stories yet. Defects can be converted to User Stories and User Stories can be converted to Portfolio Items/Defects. 

Which brings me to a question.... will there be a functionality on the QDP to select the settings to convert? As I see it only available on the EDP still... 

• 3.  Re: Convert task to story

Posted May 24, 2018 01:18 PM

Thanks Kalina for the response. That's what I feared. It feels like a basic need, I have no idea why such an option is not available.

And I don't know what QDP  and EDP mean..

Regards,

Niveditha

• 4.  Re: Convert task to story

Posted May 24, 2018 01:46 PM

QDP - quick detail page (aka side panel view). EDP - editable detail page (aka full page view).

• 5.  Re: Convert task to story

Posted May 24, 2018 01:49 PM

Oh okay. Thank you.

• 6.  Re: Convert task to story

Posted May 24, 2018 03:42 PM

I also have this question regarding converting items in QDP - will that be added at some point?

• 7.  Re: Convert task to story

Posted May 24, 2018 05:49 PM

I'm asking!

• 8.  RE: Re: Convert task to story

Posted Jul 21, 2022 08:44 PM
    The original Question was sent in 2018: has there been any updates on the possibility of converting a task into a story?

• 9.  RE: Convert task to story

Posted Jul 21, 2022 08:44 PM
    This original question was asked in 2018; has the software been updated to do this conversion today in 2022 to convert a task into a story?