Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  What does the Peer button do?

Posted Oct 25, 2018 02:56 PM
      |   view attached

I'm on a US in the Task view.  When I checked one of the tasks, the Child and Peer buttons became available (but the Child button was greyed out).  What does the Peer button do?  I clicked it thinking it would make a copy of the checked task, but nothing discernable happened.  Help doesn't really help here, since it implied it would make a copy of the checked item and since it didn't i don't really know what it's supposed to do.  See picture attached.

• 2.  Re: What does the Peer button do?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 26, 2018 03:36 AM

Kim,

Yes, clicking that button should drop down a new box to create another task.  If that isn't happening for you, please provide that feedback to the Product Owners via the yellow feedback button.

It should look like this after clicking the button:

New Task

Michael

• 3.  Re: What does the Peer button do?

Posted Oct 26, 2018 04:53 PM

So to make sure I understand, you're saying the Peer button performs the same as the Add New button?  If it's the same, then why have 2 differently named buttons for the same thing?  I guess why I didn't see anything happen was that I was already adding tasks, so had already clicked the Add New button so the new task box was already there.

• 4.  Re: What does the Peer button do?

Posted Oct 29, 2018 05:10 AM

Kim,

This really should not be allowed for Tasks.  As you point out, for Tasks, this behaves just like the add new button since Tasks cannot have child tasks.

It is primarily for User Stories and Defects where it makes sense that if you have checked one of them, you can then decide on adding a new Child of that User Story or Defect or simply creating a new Peer User Story or Defect.

I will pass this feedback on to the Product Owners as well.

Michael

cc: grama23