Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Do TFS Work Items Get Updated Incrementally?

Posted May 07, 2018 05:16 PM

I'm trying to setup the Agile Central to TFS connector to sync tasks and it works for the most part but I have one problem. When copying or updating from Agile Central to TFS, it uses the timestamp file to only query items that were recently created or updated. However going in the other direction, TFS to Agile Central, it seems to scan all tasks every time it runs. I want to run this connector frequently, say every 10 to 30 minutes. But if it has to query thousands of tasks every time, it simply isn't practical to run it so frequently.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a fix or a better way to handle synchronizing tasks both ways?

• 2.  Re: Do TFS Work Items Get Updated Incrementally?
    Best Answer

Posted May 09, 2018 10:13 AM

michael.irizarry

Thank you for your question! The answer to this has a few dependencies. First if you are running a different configuration file on each run, then the connector will review the time file that is specific to that config. If that config has not been run recently, then it will take longer to run. If that config has never been run before, then the connector will scan all data (based on the query in the config file), which may also take a long time to run.

You can use <CopySelectors> and <UpdateSelectors> in your configuration file to help narrow the data that the connector looks for. You can base them on project information, status, or a custom field just as examples. 

I hope this helps, but if you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reply!

Thanks!
    Hilary Flygare