Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  User Permissions

Posted May 11, 2018 07:20 AM

I'm a project admin for a number of workspaces and everyone knows that I am, so whenever someone comes to me for a password reset or whatever, they never tell me what project workspace they are in because they assume I can see everyone.  Is there anything in the works to allow admins to see all users (or search for a user) and then I can say, oh that's not under me, you have to talk to X or ok, I see you're under Project Y and I can do what is needed.

• 2.  Re: User Permissions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2018 07:43 AM

Hi,

There are so many users with so many permissions in our test environment that its difficult for me to confirm that this is a working option, but I would still recommend that you give it a shot. If you add a Custom List to one of your custom pages or Dashboard then select User as its Type I think it will provide a list of users that you can search from. Please let me know if it helps or not.

It might also help if you could have them supply a screenshot of their Permission page which is available by going to My Settings when clicking their Avatar in the upper right. 

I hope it helps!

• 3.  Re: User Permissions

Posted May 11, 2018 11:27 AM

Good Morning Kathy,

We also have a large number or workspaces/projects and multiple Project Admins and Workspace Admins. We have a list that we export out of Agile Central to Excel (using the excel ad in) that captures all Project Admins/Workspace admins and which workspaces they belong to. The users then look at that list to determine who they should be contacting for help. Hope this helps!