Hi CA Community / Support,
My MS Office was just upgraded from 2013 to 2016 Professional Plus and it seems I can no longer use the CA Agile Central Excel add-in. I followed the steps as outlined in the [https://docs.ca.com/en-us/ca-agile-central/saas/excel-2016-installation-user-guide] rally help file for 'Install on Windows (Excel 2016+)' but pressing the "Login" button that appears in the 'BETA - CA Agile Central Excel add-in' side panel once I select the add-in from 'My Add-Ins' does not appear to perform any action. I previously had this working in the 2013 version (which uses the .msi file) but that did not work for this version and nor did the Manifest.xml version outlined for 2016. I just posted this also reply to another thread where another user experienced the same issue but I noticed that it was marked as 'Answered' so I wasn't sure if anyone was still checking that so I created this new one to be safe. I have also attached a video illustrating this.
Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
The plug in requires a pop up window to come up which allows the login. I wonder if something is blocking that action. I believe it will use IE for that action. Any chance you have something in the Windows Event Log?
Thanks for getting back to me. I was checking this and it said there are 0 events under the AgileCentralAddinForExcelLog under 'Applications and Service Logs'. I also checked under Microsoft Office Alerts and found the following 'Error' level entries:
"Add-in ErrorThis add-in could not be started. Close this dialog to ignore the problem or click "Restart" to try again." from earlier this morning. The error went away when I re-started the application and computer and the Login button returned but still wasn't functional.
I also found under the 'Information' level entries:
"Activated AppId=f504fb41-a92a-4526-b201-532f356b7acb, DisplayName=BETA - CA Agile Central Excel add-in..."
A colleague made me aware that we have a defect open for investigation on this right now. I have opened a case for you and I'll attach that case to the defect.
Perfect, many thanks David!
I have had several instances where the agile central excel add-on stops working. Clicking the connect button does not do anything. Rebooting does not fix the situation. The only way I have found to remedy it is the following:
1) Uninstall the CA Agile Central excel add-on
2) Clean the Windows registry with CCleaner
4) Reinstall the CA Agile Central excel add-on
I hope you find that this helps you as well.
Thank you for your input. I installed CCleaner and uninstalled the CA add-in. In the CCleaner application, are there specific items / checkboxes I should make sure are selected to ensure that this specific add-in's related information is cleaned up? I am in the 'Cleaner' menu and the 'Windows' tab (if i'm in the wrong place, please advise as I am not familiar with this app). Thanks.
In CCleaner, use the "Registry" tab in the left-hand pane, instead of the "Cleaner" option. Let it scan your registry and then clean it. It will remove entries it finds to be no longer used.
Thanks a lot for the very helpful guidance / instruction. I cleaned up and re-installed the add-in and the issues still persists somehow. Yesterday, I even had excel 2013 installed on my pc (in addition to 2016) and so after the clean up and re-install, I tried with 2013 first and then also 2016 and neither seem to work for some reason…
Hi DavidLeDeaux (or anyone else you can assist),
I have an update to this issue. I am now able to successfully log into CA via the Excel 2016 BETA add-in (the login button opens a CA browser Login window), thanks to everyone who in any way, had a hand in this. (Still no luck with the 2013-supported version of the add-in).
I am now having an issue with saved Export queries in the 2016 add-in (BETA). I created and saved 3 export queries and the first time I created each query, I was able to run it successfully with no issue. However, once the queries had been created and saved and I try selecting one of the saved queries, only 1 of them would open. The others, when selected, will just produce a completely blank window (not even the 'Export', 'Import' or 'Refresh' tabs are available) and I have to reload the window. Below, is a video showing this. Does anyone have any insight or experience with this? Thanks again.
For the record, mine stopped working again yesterday. No combination of uninstalls, registry cleanings, reboots, re-installations (both the add-on and the visual studio prerequisite) would get it working again. Gave up last night and turned off the computer. Booted up this morning, installed the add-on again, tried it and it works. I have no idea how or why. So frustrating. Lost an entire day of use of it and have to try to catch up in imports requested of me by team members.
Hope you're doing well. Glad it worked again after the re-install! I just tried again (i.e. uninstalling, cleaning up the registry, rebooting, scanning the registry again and re-installing the add-in) after I saw your message and that 'Connect to CA...' button still goes nowhere for me. Hopefully, it fixes itself through a an update or I'm able to find a fix.
Thanks for the update.