Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Customize the Ideal line for Release & Iteration Burndown Chart

Posted Jul 13, 2018 04:39 PM

I would like to customize the end date for the ideal line in the Release & iteration Burndown chart app.  The last iteration of a Release Increment is always a 'non-working' sprint where the teams work on hack-a-thon ideas and do the end of a release increment retrospective and beginning of a new release increment planning activities to fill in the 2-week timeframe.  With the ideal line including this Iteration, it can give a false sense of being on track as the ideal line goes out an extra 2 weeks of working time.  In the example below the release ends on 9/26/2018, but I'd like to have the ideal line end on 9/12/2018 instead to coincide with the actual working sprints of the release increment.

• 2.  Re: Customize the Ideal line for Release & Iteration Burndown Chart

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 16, 2018 09:34 AM

Hello Stacy,

Thank you for posting your question.  You can use the following link to access the source code for the iteration burndown chart. This should allow to customize it to fit your needs.

app-catalog/src/apps/charts/burndown at master · RallyApps/app-catalog · GitHub 

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Christian 

• 3.  Re: Customize the Ideal line for Release & Iteration Burndown Chart

Posted Jul 17, 2018 08:33 AM

Is there a place to request this type of development?  I'm not a programmer, so while this is helpful for someone that develops, unless it's strictly HTML coding with a single file, I'm pretty much a fish out of water.  I saw where you can post issues for it (which I am experiencing and posted about), but where can you post enhancement ideas?

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Customize the Ideal line for Release & Iteration Burndown Chart
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:05 PM

Hello Stacy,

You can post your question to the Stackover flow community to see if anyone can provide further assistance.

Newest 'rally' Questions - Stack Overflow 

Thank you,

Christian