Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Revision history not working correctly

Posted May 07, 2018 04:01 PM

Hello,

I have noticed that whenever I look at the revision history of a User Story, a new entry is added for that US. The same is true for Defects, Features etc... I don't change anything, merely look. Clicking back and forth between e.g. the description tab and the revision tab will create multiple entries in revision history. The entries are usually of the kind :

DESCRIPTION added [
    ], NOTES added [
    ]

This is not only annoying, it also makes it much more difficult to find the actual valid changes.

• 2.  Re: Revision history not working correctly

Posted May 07, 2018 04:06 PM

I do not have this issue. 

• 3.  Re: Revision history not working correctly

Posted May 07, 2018 04:11 PM

Hello Nielsen,

Please open up a support case so that CA Agile Central support can look into this for you.  

Julia Giancola

CAAC Support 

• 4.  Re: Revision history not working correctly

Posted May 08, 2018 03:38 PM

You know what Nielsen, I think we have seen this once in the past and had a really hard time figuring it out, but in the end it was some weird browser extension that the user had installed.

Every time they opened up a user story, defect, or any work item, it did something to the rich text fields and the revision history looked just like your screenshot. 

I would try using incognito mode and/or disabling your browser extensions to see if the same thing occurs. 

• 5.  Re: Revision history not working correctly

Posted May 08, 2018 05:33 PM

Hello John,

I think you are right. I just tried using Rally from a different browser. Turns out that this problem is confined to

Firefox. NO problems when using IE or Chrome.  I'm running Firefox 59.0.3 (Quantum).

I'll have to try un-installing  and installing a clean version of Firefox when I get a chance. I'll report back if that

solves the problem .

Thanks

/Søren

• 6.  Re: Revision history not working correctly
    Best Answer

Posted May 08, 2018 11:30 PM

Hello again,

It is my Selenium installation that appears to be the problem.

I started removing my extensions and when I got to Selenium the Revision problem disappeared.

Then I reinstalled Selenium and problem reappeared.

Then I uninstalled Firefox completely, restarted computer and reinstalled Firefox. No revision problems.

Then I reinstalled Selenium and problem reappeared.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks

/Søren

• 7.  Re: Revision history not working correctly

Posted May 10, 2018 03:05 PM

Hey Nielsen, 

I'm not really familiar with Selenium, but it definitely sounds like the problem after reviewing the website. I'm wondering if there is a way to disable it for certain sites or something? Could you exclude *.rallydev.com from it? 

Kind of in the same way you can for something like AdBlock - you can say "don't run on this site".  

• 8.  Re: Revision history not working correctly

Posted May 10, 2018 04:56 PM

Hello John,

I confirmed with a colleague who did not have the Selenium installed before. As soon as he installed it, he saw the same problem.

So it is not just a problem on my computer.

I looked around and could not find a way to have the Selenium Firefox extension exclude certain websites.

Like with most other Extensions, you can disable it and the problem disappears. So that is sort of a work around.

Thanks

/Søren

• 9.  Re: Revision history not working correctly

Posted May 11, 2018 12:15 PM

We commonly use Selenium to automate tasks in Agile Central.  If there is a compatibility issue, I would appreciate it if CA would work with the Selenium team to resolve the issue.