Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Export feature and userstories to excel using rally excel addin

Posted Sep 06, 2018 02:47 PM

Hello All ,

I want to export all the features from the Epic in the Excel using rally Excel add-in .

Please help with option to select in manage queries And same with feature with User stories.

• 2.  Re: Export feature and userstories to excel using rally excel addin

Posted Sep 06, 2018 03:57 PM

Hi Ohm, 

Depending on exactly what and how you want to export, your queries could be a bit different. 

But basically, just click Manage Queries and create a new query based on the Portfolio Item Feature. Then, add a Filter for the Parent = Your Epic.  Something like this:

Then, click OK. Then select the query you want to use, then click Run Selected Query:

Same for User Stories, just a bit different. The difference being of course that you are exporting Type: User Stories, and your filter is going to be on Feature = Your Feature. Like this:

Let me know if that helps.

• 3.  Re: Export feature and userstories to excel using rally excel addin

Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:36 PM

Did this help you ohm.aditya?

• 4.  Re: Export feature and userstories to excel using rally excel addin

Posted Sep 08, 2018 12:57 PM

Hello John,

Thank you yes it worked for me almost completely .

One issue I found when I was trying to filter User Story with Feature name and there I am getting Parsing error don't know why?

When I was trying to search with  exact name in rally I got it but it wont worked during filtration.

Can you please  suggest me some workaround as its easy to filter User story on the basis of Feature name or portfolio item??

Once again thank you for your help!!

• 5.  Re: Export feature and userstories to excel using rally excel addin

Posted Sep 10, 2018 10:49 AM

Hey Ohm, can you post a screenshot of your filter settings and also the exact error you're getting?