Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How and where do I add meeting minutes of the daily scrum?

• 1.  How and where do I add meeting minutes of the daily scrum?

Posted Apr 17, 2018 10:30 AM

My team and I are brand new to Agile and are fumbling our way through while we all learn to maneuver the site. Where are meeting minutes for the Daily Scrum updated? Where would we add any minutes for the subsequent meetings, including retrospective etc?

• 2.  Re: How and where do I add meeting minutes of the daily scrum?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 02:33 PM

Hi Vania,

Perhaps you can elaborate on the type of meetings you're referring to and where within Rally you expect to capture your minutes of meetings. However, I don't know we have this option (unless perhaps you may want to capture via import of some kind).

You have Notes on artifacts that as User Story, Defect etc.. . You can add/edit notes that are captured for the life cycle of this artifact. 

However, I feel you are not asking about it but asking more on Scrum meetings. I'll appreciate if you explain a bit more where you expect to find these minutes of meetings etc..

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: How and where do I add meeting minutes of the daily scrum?

Posted Apr 17, 2018 02:49 PM

Hi Sagi,

You are correct. I would like to add meeting minutes that are discussed during our Daily Scrums so that everything can be accessed by the team members on Agile. Is there, for instance, a way to add these notes in the different Sprints?

• 4.  Re: How and where do I add meeting minutes of the daily scrum?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 10:43 PM

Hi Vania,

The best way to achieve it in my opinion is to use the Notes field of your iteration/sprint. The Notes field has an option to include URL as links, that will allow you to maintain your summaries on a shared drive or website and only refer to it from the iteration. It should keep it more clean and readable.

bulmi01 , Michael, can you please review my answer and confirm. If there is an alternative best practice, please let us know.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 5.  Re: How and where do I add meeting minutes of the daily scrum?

Posted Apr 18, 2018 09:03 AM

Thank you for your help, Sagi. This is a perfect suggestion

• 6.  Re: How and where do I add meeting minutes of the daily scrum?

Posted Jan 22, 2019 02:16 PM

Hey Sagi,

Is there an app available to record the daily stand-up meetings like the retrospective app?

Since we have stand-ups more than once in the sprint, adding to notes of the sprint seems a little cumbersome. Also there are no sections for "what went well", "what didn't" and "action items" like in the retrospective app, making it not so clean to maintain notes within Rally (and not use a link to reference).

Regards,

Niveditha

• 7.  RE: Re: How and where do I add meeting minutes of the daily scrum?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2020 08:54 AM

@vania.lamanna I sometimes have a page configured to capture notes and add a story all during the retro.   You can use the iteration retro app to capture the notes, add a custom list to show past retro notes and another custom list to add a story for each retro action.  Recommend you create a tag for retro action items and apply that tag to all retro action stories and color code all retro action item stories a particular color.   ​

• 8.  RE: How and where do I add meeting minutes of the daily scrum?

Posted Dec 03, 2020 04:37 PM
    I know this is older but there is a community app for tracking retrospectives with each iteration:
    https://github.com/RallyCommunity/IterationRetro

Unfortunately, there is no 'daily' work item or artifact that tracks against an iteration in Rally for which daily minutes can be associated, so a custom app would be needed.

• 9.  RE: How and where do I add meeting minutes of the daily scrum?

Posted Dec 04, 2020 03:09 PM
    Minutes ... of DSU? Never heard of that. DSU is supposed to be brief, standing up, who's taking dictation? (half in jest) But seriously, keeping notes of every day's Stand Up ritual sounds terribly "waterfall-ish" to me. 

As SM, I will use Notes, Discussions to keep updates to Stories, Tasks as needed. Then the pertinent info is right where we need it, in the Story or Task. Things like "Bobby's bringing donuts on Friday" don't need to be recorded.

------------------------------
    SM, Application Support
    Cigna
    ------------------------------

• 10.  RE: How and where do I add meeting minutes of the daily scrum?

Posted Dec 07, 2020 09:28 AM
    Hi, as daily scrum cover 3 questions 1) what is done yesterday 2) what i will do today (for these 2 questions you may use the discussions to add more notes to the associated user stories), 3) implements to current user stories (you can use Block function to record any issues related to the discussed user stories, once issue is resolved you can unblock the user story)

This is all what you need to do during daily scrum in Rally

All the best