Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Getting Validation Error "MissingrequiredAttributes" when trying to import test cases to CA Agile.

• 1.  Getting Validation Error "MissingrequiredAttributes" when trying to import test cases to CA Agile.

Posted Jun 26, 2018 12:53 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I installed CA Agile add-in in Excel and also I added several custom fields to the test case schema into CA Agile. When I'm trying to import my spreadsheet with test cases to CA Agile I'm getting validation error "MissingRequiredAttributes" (attached screenshot). For me, everything is looking good, headers, format and values... Has anyone had the similar issue?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Getting Validation Error "MissingrequiredAttributes" when trying to import test cases to CA Agile.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2018 02:41 PM

Hi Julia,

If you can include the CSV file that you're importing it will help. If you prefer not to share you data here in the community then please let me know and I'll open a support case and work directly with you.

In general, the required fields for a Test Case are:

- Name

- Project

- Type

- Method

If you are missing any of them then please include them and let us know if helped. If not, then like said, please include your CSV file (or I'll open a case and we'll work offline).

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Getting Validation Error "MissingrequiredAttributes" when trying to import test cases to CA Agile.

Posted Jun 26, 2018 05:41 PM

Hi Sagi,

Thank you! I have these fields in my CSV file. Also, our admin has added couple more required fields, and they are also in my file.

I'd like to open a support case if you will help to resolve that issue. What do I need to do for that?

Thanks,

Julia

• 4.  Re: Getting Validation Error "MissingrequiredAttributes" when trying to import test cases to CA Agile.

Posted Jun 27, 2018 04:04 AM

julia.ivanova,

You may open a Support Case by clicking on the 'Support' link at the bottom of any Agile Central page when logged in, if you are using regular navigation or, if you are using Personalized Navigation, by clicking on the question mark in the upper right corner and selecting 'Contact Support'.  More information is available here, Product Announcement: Easy access to CA Support from Agile Central! 

Michael

• 5.  Re: Getting Validation Error "MissingrequiredAttributes" when trying to import test cases to CA Agile.

Posted Jun 27, 2018 10:23 AM

Thanks! Yes, I have raised a support case for that.

• 6.  Re: Getting Validation Error "MissingrequiredAttributes" when trying to import test cases to CA Agile.

Posted Jun 27, 2018 05:13 AM

Colleagues of mine have a support case open regarding the unsupported status of Owner, Pre-Conditions, Validation Input, and Validation Expected Result.  There may be others.

In connection with that, we can confirm that the following are all supported: Object Type, Name, Description, Test Folder, Expedite, Objective, Work Product, Type, Method, Priority, Risk, Affected Products, Notes, Input, Expected Result, Step Index, Test Case.  But we can't say which are required.

If it wouldn't be right to share your data publicly, at least please let us know the outcome of your support case.

Best, 

--Nev.

• 7.  Re: Getting Validation Error "MissingrequiredAttributes" when trying to import test cases to CA Agile.

Posted Jun 28, 2018 09:22 AM

Hi Julia,

Are you using the Excel Add in to import the test cases?  If so, it sounds like Application may be one of your custom fields and that you have made this field Required.  You can tell by going into Excel, click on import, select test cases, and then click on the Schema button.  It will show you what fields are required and the Values.  Another trick is to export some existing test cases so you can see all the columns and values, replace the info with your new data (keeping the headers), and then deleting the columns that don't apply (e.g. last updated, creation date, etc.).  Note:  If you aren't sure which ones to delete, just click on import and validate, and the error messages will tell you.

• 8.  Re: Getting Validation Error "MissingrequiredAttributes" when trying to import test cases to CA Agile.

Posted Jun 28, 2018 12:07 PM

Hi Jennelle,

Yes, I'm using Excel Add-In. I don't have "Application" filed, only "Application2" in test case schema.

• 9.  Re: Getting Validation Error "MissingrequiredAttributes" when trying to import test cases to CA Agile.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2018 01:04 PM

I had a web session with Julia.

We figured out there are two custom fields:  "Application" and "Application2".

Currently: "Application" is required , whereas "Applciation2" is not required.

The import complains that "Application" is not provided (since required).

We realized there is a mixup of these fields and there isn't a need for "Application". We shall turn "Application" to be not required and turn "Application2" to be required instead.

This shall allow the original import to succeed.

Sagi

• 10.  Re: Getting Validation Error "MissingrequiredAttributes" when trying to import test cases to CA Agile.

Posted Jun 28, 2018 01:34 PM

Can a current field be changed to be required? We attempted that but did not see the field that could be changed to make a currently used field required.

Donna Evers, CSM, FLMI

Technical Analyst II

Agile Launch Pad

This message contains confidential information intended only for the above addressees and may contain information that is proprietary or legally privileged. If you received this message in error, please notify us and delete the original message. You must obtain permission from Thrivent Financial to use its logo on all materials. Failure to do so could result in legal action.

• 11.  Re: Getting Validation Error "MissingrequiredAttributes" when trying to import test cases to CA Agile.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2018 01:42 PM

Hi Donna,

Yes, a field can be changed to required when you edit it from the Workspace level and if it's visible to all projects.

Sagi