Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Developing Apps Externally - Authentication Problem

Posted Sep 12, 2017 05:07 PM
      |   view attached

I'm trying to switch to the recommended approach of debugging my apps externally, per the developer's guide.  I have an active CA Agile Central session open in one Chrome tab.  I make sure it's functionally/actively connected.

Then I do the $rab run command to crank up the little local http server proxy per the guide.   In my console, I get this error:

Error message in Chrome Developer Tools Console

XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/webservice/v2.0/Project/147289749492?fetch=ObjectID%2CName%2CState%2CWorkspace%2CSchemaVersion%2CWorkspaceConfiguration%2CDateFormat%2CDateTimeFormat%2CDragDropRankingEnabled%2CBuildandChangesetEnabled%2CTimeZone%2CWorkDays%2CIterationEstimateUnitName%2CReleaseEstimateUnitName%2CTaskUnitName%2CChildren. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://localhost:1337' is therefore not allowed access.

I see it wants me to add an access control header that the guide did not mention, but I'm not sure what to do.

Any thoughts, coaching, advice?

Thanks.

Mike

Attachment(s)

zip
    App.js.zip   637 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Developing Apps Externally - Authentication Problem
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 12:28 PM

Hello Michael,

The reason you are getting the allow origin message could be because of the following reason.  The browser is trying to load content from an insecure site over HTTP is blocked from within a secured domain (HTTPS). No browser will allow that to happen unless you disable some security settings, which I would not recommend!

I have included the following help link the provides more details. 

Webpage not loading within custom URL app 

Thank you,

Christian 

• 3.  Re: Developing Apps Externally - Authentication Problem

Posted Sep 13, 2017 12:58 PM

Thank you, Christian.

Are you saying that local rally-app-builder's run command creates an insecure local server and I'm trying to get to the RESTful Rally API services in a manner that changes security levels?

I understand the difference between HTTP and HTTPS of course, but my objective is to develop apps externally.   Following the guide in the CA Agile Central SDK docs area, I find myself in this situation.   If folks still develop and debug externally do they disable that security, which you recommended against, or do folks no longer develop externally?   Just need some newbie guidance beyond the point failure analysis.  Does the guide need tweaking or do I?   LOL.

Thanks.

Mike

• 4.  Re: Developing Apps Externally - Authentication Problem

Posted Sep 18, 2017 12:26 PM

Hi Michael,

Do you have any references to external sites in your custom AppSDK code? I can run apps using rab without issue. Is this for 'Strong Family' subscription? Can you paste your code here?

-Sean Davis

• 5.  Re: Developing Apps Externally - Authentication Problem

Posted Sep 19, 2017 12:11 PM

Thank you, Sean, for getting back to me.  My nascent Rally extension efforts are company sanctioned but only on a "skunk works" basis.  So I can only tinker with it "in the cracks."  

As I tried again this morning to sanity check before sending you code, of course, the problem was no longer occurring.   Sigh.  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Thanks, for following up, sir.

Mike