Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Advanced Filter not saved in the view

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2018 03:10 PM

I'm using rally1.rallydev.com and I'm having issue with "Advanced Filters". I add the "Field"->"Product", "Operator"->"=" and "Value"->One Item from the list(any except "No Entry").

Good Filter

The filter is applies without any issues.

I save the view, change to another view, them come back to the previous view by selecting it. The value for the initial filter is blanked out and I can read "Filter by Product" on the field and I don't get the expected output.

Looking at the http request sent to the server when the view is updated I can see that the browser is sending:

{
       "advancedFilters": [
       {
          "name": "b378965d-14e1-4ede-8786-cd67127a15e6",
          "operator": "contains",
          "rawValue": "SDM"
       }
       ],
    }

But if I set the value to "-- No Entry --" I see the following request being sent:

{
       "advancedFilters": [
       {
          "name": "b378965d-14e1-4ede-8786-cd67127a15e6",
          "operator": "contains",
          "rawValue": "/none/-1"
       }
       ],
    }

If I add extra filters I don't see any of them being sent as a string, but they are all sent in the format /***/aaaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaa . Not sure if this is the issue but it seems that way to me.

Is there an issue with the instance that I'm using or a global issue?

Thank you,

Sebastian

• 2.  Re: Advanced Filter not saved in the view
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2018 03:24 PM

Hi Sebastian.

We actually are aware of this problem and Engineering's working on a fix for this. It's happening with Custom Multi-Valued attributes where if you leave the view, then return to the view then the 'value' is blanked out. It's happening with the Custom List app.

Will you want to open a support case to track on the progress?

(Otherwise, you may follow up here at some point), probably better you open a case though.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Advanced Filter not saved in the view

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2018 06:12 PM

Any update on this? The problem is very disruptive to daily activities.

• 4.  Re: Advanced Filter not saved in the view

Posted Apr 12, 2018 10:26 AM

This issue is not isolated to custom multi-valued attributes - it also happens with saved views that contain "Release."  In our case, "Release" filters are very prevalent and this issue has been wreaking havoc on our saved views for some time now.