Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How do I eliminate <

Posted Jan 11, 2016 02:31 PM
    I'm finding the following error in the logs "For Priority field could not transform_in()" when I'm trying to map between the default priority fields in QC and Rally for defects. I noticed that the following limitation exists with using the Rally to QC connector:

"IMPORTANT: The connectors are not able to handle drop-down fields in Rally which have a <<No Entry>> value in the UI (for example, the field is empty)."

Based on that information it would seem that this can be resolved by defaulting the priority field in Rally to a selection such as "Normal" so that "--No Entry--" isn't selected by default. How can this be done?   

• 2.  Re: How do I eliminate <
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 12, 2016 09:03 AM
    Joseph,

I am not aware of a way to set a default value for doropdown field. Although not ideal, the only option I see for you is to set the field in question as required preventing an empty value.

Thanks

David

• 3.  Re: How do I eliminate <

Posted Jan 12, 2016 12:13 PM
    I tried setting it to required, but it seems that the field still defaults to No Entry when creating a new defect in Rally. The same error is logged to the log file when I run the connector script. 

• 4.  Re: How do I eliminate <

Posted Jan 12, 2016 12:22 PM
    Joseph,

You are correct that a required field will default to --No Entry--. However, the "Create" button will not be enabled until that field is populated with a value hence preventing any new items with "--No Entry--" selected.

David