Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  What's the best approach to get related data for a bookkeeping report?

Posted Jul 08, 2014 05:00 PM
    I've been investigating how best to get  related data into a report that can be exported by Rally. The report will be going to Quickbooks and will collect monthly financial data on time entries (date, hours, time entry type) plus the Project of the Feature. There is a bunch of related objects that I need to correlate.

It looks like the most likely approach at the moment is to create a custom app. It doesn't look like the custom grid app queries can deal with querying multiple objects and relating them in an sql-join kind of way. Nor does the Excel plugin seem to allow that.

I've been looking at this example (https://help.rallydev.com/data-examples#Placeholder Query) as they most likely route, though I must admit that I'm stuck in an sql mind frame.

• 2.  Re: What's the best approach to get related data for a bookkeeping report?

Posted Jul 09, 2014 10:12 AM
    Herb, 

It sounds like you're taking the right approach -- I would think a custom app is the way to go.  Hopefully others will respond with anything they've tried that might be related!

• 3.  RE: What's the best approach to get related data for a bookkeeping report?

Posted Jun 14, 2021 11:22 AM
    Edited by Oden Price Sep 19, 2021 09:25 AM
    I've once worked with accounting bpo firms and those accounting experts offered me bookkeeping services in which they've optimized the workflows and explain everything to me. Also, they would ask about your priorities like what specific data would you like to see, and then customized a workflow interface.  good luck!

• 4.  RE: What's the best approach to get related data for a bookkeeping report?

Posted Jun 15, 2021 10:40 AM

The excel plug in allows you to join data from multiple work items or tables into a single result. 

AMY MEYERS (she/her)  |  SR. PRODUCT MANAGER

Agile Management Product & Operations

TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY & portfolio management

AMERICAN EXPRESS

Phoenix, AZ 85027

M: 602-361-5668 |  E: richard.v.shipley@aexp.com">amy.k.meyers@aexp.com

American Express made the following annotations

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

American Express a ajouté le commentaire suivant

Ce courrier et toute pièce jointe qu'il contient sont réservés au seul destinataire indiqué et peuvent contenir des renseignements confidentiels et privilégiés. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, toute divulgation, duplication, utilisation ou distribution du courrier ou de toute pièce jointe est interdite. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser par courrier et détruire immédiatement le courrier et les pièces jointes. Merci.