Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple steps to edit test case

Posted Jan 02, 2018 03:34 PM
      |   view attached

So we are new to SaaS version - recently converting from on prem in early December.  My QA team is "complaining" about an extra step to edit a test case from a user story. This is there process:

1) From a user story they go to Test Cases tab

2) Select a test case to edit >>click the pencil.

3) Then they select Actions>>Edit.

According to them - the need to click Actions>>Edit is new - or an extra step.  Does anyone know of a way to go directly to editing a TEST Case quicker? 

I also see some of this Test area will be changing in March. Anyone know how?

Attachment(s)

docx
    screenshot.docx   95 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Multiple steps to edit test case
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2018 01:16 PM

Hello Rob,

Under the Quality Tab there is a test case option listed.  This will provide you will a list of all test cases. When you open a test case it will provide the work product that is is associated to. I have added an example below.

Work Product:
    US27: testing

They would still need to use the actions button to edit the test case.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Christian 

• 3.  Re: Multiple steps to edit test case

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2018 01:56 PM

Rob,

I also wanted to add the following help link that will provide you with further information about Test cases using the Quality tab.

Quality Management | CA Agile Central Help 

Thank you,

Christian 

• 4.  Re: Multiple steps to edit test case

Posted Jan 10, 2018 05:42 AM

Thanks Rob for posting on behalf of your complaining QA team.  I'm one myself, and I also raised this, under the Discussion "QDP has expanded to Quality Management", where it was acknowledged as an issue.

Thanks also, Christian, for supplying what assistance you can.

Forgive me, but I am struggling with the statement after the OP "No one else had this question".  I really can't see how to click a +1 or a Me Too to correct this.

Cheers,

--Nev.

Edit: Since then I have seen the option to add yourself onto a question presented perfectly normally.  It isn't offered any time you're browsing without being logged in.  Is it also closed after the question is marked as answered or something?