Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Agile Central Excel Plugin Permission

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Agile Central Excel Plugin Permission

Posted 07-07-2017 04:13 AM

I have Connected through Agile Central Excel Plugin and able to upload the users. BUT while defining the permission it is only allowing me to define permission to 3 level eg : workspace name / Project name / View or Edit.

Whereas i want to assign the permission with 5 level eg : : workspace name / Project name / Sub Project / Team / View or Edit. 

Can you please help with Solution.

• 2.  Re: Agile Central Excel Plugin Permission
    Best Answer

Posted 07-07-2017 04:36 PM

Hi Avinash,

You can do this by only including the name of the subproject instead of the full path. For example:

Worksapce - Project - Sub Project - Team

The above hierarchy would look like this in the ProjectPermission column in the Excel Plug-in.

Workspace/Team/View or Editor

Let me know if that helps.

-Sean Davis

• 3.  Re: Agile Central Excel Plugin Permission

Posted 07-10-2017 08:10 AM

Thank you Sean for Help, Your suggestion was helpful for Defining the Project Permissions, But I see small problem : When I assign Edit rights or View Rights Manually on Parent node, Automatically it gets assign to Child. But from Connector its not happending.

I want to assign View access for Whole Workspace and edit on Just selected node. Can you help ? 

• 4.  Re: Agile Central Excel Plugin Permission

Posted 07-10-2017 12:17 PM

Hi Avinash,

It looks like you must specify each project permission according to the help documentation. Here is the section that describes Project permissions:

"The default project permissions (Editor, Viewer) set for the workspace are not adhered to during a user import.  Editor/Viewer permissions must be specified in the import file for each project where those permissions are to be granted.  Otherwise, the new user will receive no access to the projects. "

You can do this by using a comma separated list in the ProjectPermission column:

Workspace/Team/View or Editor,Workspace/Team 2/View or Editor,Workspace/Team 3/View or Editor

Thanks,

Sean Davis

• 5.  Re: Agile Central Excel Plugin Permission

Posted 07-11-2017 06:21 AM

Yes Sean, I am following the same document.

in my case I have 200+ Teams and I want to assign View Rights for all Team. Along with need to assign edit rights for few team for each user. Hence I am looking for solution where I can define View for whole workspace in one go.

Assigning view rights on each team level will be gigantic manual work for 2000 users. (almost similar to manual user creation)

• 6.  Re: Agile Central Excel Plugin Permission

Posted 07-13-2017 06:14 PM

Hi Avinash,

Although there is not a good way to do this via the Excel plugin, you can check out the Bulk User Utility custom app that allows bulk user permission updates. Search for Bulk User Utility from that URL. Please also read the terms for these applications at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Sean Davis