Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  How can I size the settings panel in an APP

Posted Dec 11, 2017 02:20 PM

I am working on a custom app that I need to create a setting panel for.  I have the settings panel working, for the most part.  I have one problem left.  The settings panel contains a grid to select columns to be used for a board.  The initial value for the columns selector only has about 3 or 4 entries so the grid fits on the screen just fine. See below:

Initial view of the app settings panel

But, if I select a different field to use as the columns on the board, one that has more rows, the settings view changes to the below picture, and the save and cancel buttons are no longer visible.

After selecting a field with more rows.

Does anyone know how to alleviate this problem so the Save and Cancel buttons remain visible after the grid grows to accommodate the additional rows?

• 2.  Re: How can I size the settings panel in an APP

Posted Dec 12, 2017 03:45 AM

morky01corkr03 davse04

Any thoughts?

Michael

• 3.  Re: How can I size the settings panel in an APP
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 12, 2017 11:21 AM

DanPoling1351581,

I would try fixing the height of the grid (or the settings component that contains the grid) when its created and enabling a vertical scrollbar if the number of rows exceeds the fixed grid height.  Hopefully that would work for you.

Kristy 

• 4.  Re: How can I size the settings panel in an APP

Posted Dec 13, 2017 05:19 PM

We've run into this bug before too.  I think in your settings component you can just fire the ready event and the AppSettings container should resize in response to that event?  You'll need to specify your ready event for that component in your getSettingsFields method, much like this: app-catalog/Settings.js at master · RallyApps/app-catalog · GitHub and then you'll want to then fire your ready event each time the grid data changes: app-catalog/ColumnSettingsField.js at master · RallyApps/app-catalog · GitHub 

Caveat: I haven't tested this, but I'm pretty sure this was how we fixed it in the past...