Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Can we change the notification email address for a specific...

Posted Feb 25, 2016 02:34 PM

Can we change the notification email address for a specific project from our own email to another email?

• 2.  Re:

Posted Feb 25, 2016 02:43 PM
    Sorry, no.  Your username is tied to just one email address, which you can change independent of your username.  But that is on a per-subscription level, not per project/workspace.  Are you looking to have notifications for certain work items sent somewhere else?  In that case, you might be able to configure Watches to do that for you.  https://help.rallydev.com/watch-items-beta#add

• 3.  Re:

Posted Feb 25, 2016 02:46 PM
    We have a project called "Tickets" and would like our wider team to open tickets (user stories) for us and have those notifications go to our team email.

• 4.  Re:

Posted Feb 26, 2016 07:19 AM
    We use a few service accounts for that purpose. We create a user account with the team email address, then set Notification Rules for that user account on the target project(s) and it suits our needs very well without customization.

• 5.  Re:

Posted Feb 26, 2016 01:08 PM
    @Eric Nash - Thanks! That is a great suggestion. That actually helps solve our bigger problem because if my users can login to the special account, then they do not all have to create templates individually.

• 6.  Re:

Posted Feb 26, 2016 04:27 PM
    We are going with a different solution - I'm putting it here in case someone else gets use out of it. We created a Flowdoc flow to watch our Tickets project and notifications of changes go to anyone who subscribes to that flow. This way, my users do not have to login to a separate CA Agile account to create a ticket.

• 7.  Re:

Posted Feb 26, 2016 05:05 PM
    Nice @Anita Carey, great idea!  @CA Flowdock