Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Ok, so how do we mark a story as "Ready...

Posted Nov 05, 2015 10:03 AM

Ok, so how do we mark a story as "Ready for QA"?

• 2.  Re:

Posted Nov 05, 2015 10:21 AM
    Charles, I don't think there's a good way to insert a "QA" schedule state, but that would probably be in-between the Completed and Acceptance states, right?  So if a work item is Completed, marking it as "Ready" would signify that it's "Ready for QA", right?  Someone please do tell me if I'm wrong -- it's happened before, back in '62.  :)

• 3.  Re:

Posted Nov 05, 2015 10:27 AM
    Right on money from my point of view. A user story gets marked as completed. The QA team looks at the current iteration for any completed stories and begins testing them. When the test is complete it is marked as "accepted" or "rejected". Currently we are trying to find a way for the scrum master to see what is currently "In Testing". We don't have visibility for that. The "Ready" button appears to do too many things to be all that useful. Is it ready after blocker? Is it ready for QA? Is it in QA? It's not clear enough what that represents.

• 4.  Re:

Posted Nov 12, 2015 06:44 PM
    I work with multiple teams, some doing scrum and some doing kanban. I've found that the scrum teams can leverage the "kanban state" field on their iteration tracker and use the customized kanban state value of "In Test" to help distinguish between "Completed" with development and "Completed" with testing. A developer will mark the "schedule state" as Completed and the "kanban state" as "In Test" when development is done. This is a signal for testing to happen. Once testing is done the team clears the "kanban state" field and the "schedule state" of "Completed" indicates the story is ready for the Product Owner to accept it.

• 5.  Re:

Posted Jun 20, 2016 07:32 AM
    Agile teams tend to consider the development and testing as in-progress (together). When they feel the story is ready it's moved to Complete. When a story is complete, it's a sign for the PO to see if it meets the acceptance criteria. If it does, it can be moved to Accepted. Finishing Dev before starting QA - and thinking of them as separate isn't in keeping with the intent of agile practices.