Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  HP ALM Connector - one way sync

Posted Jun 26, 2017 11:18 AM

Hi, Looking for help:

We are setting up CA Agile HP ALM Connector and it is going to be one way sync from ALM to Rally only (copy and update). Users want to make sure that nobody will change data on CA Agile Central side - they need to be aware that these changes will have no effect in HP ALM.

How can I achieve that?

One of the options in to grey out synced fields in CA Agile - don't know how to do it

Second option is to add disclaimer to Description - something that can't be overwritten...don't know how to do that too...

Any suggestions are appreciated...

• 2.  Re: HP ALM Connector - one way sync
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2017 10:44 AM

Lana,

Thank you for your questions regarding the HP ALM connector. So long as the configuration files are only running services to sync data from HP ALM to Agile Central then there is no risk of updates in Agile Central sending back to HP ALM. 

The only risk with this set up is that the data may become out of sync because there is no way to lock down fields in Agile Central. The only options to address this would be one of the following:

1. Restrict user access to the project that the configuration file is scoped to (outside of an admin, and the connector user) 
    2. Or, for any user that does have access to the project, you can make them a viewer only

To make a user a viewer take the following steps

• click the setup icon in the top right
    • select the "Users" tab
    • click on the gear icon next to a user that you need to modify project access for
    • scroll down to the "Permissions" section
    • select "User" for the appropriate Workspace 
    • then in the "Project" section you can choose "Viewer" for the appropriate projects
    • alternately, you can choose "No Access" if you want to lock users out of the project that the connector is syncing with HP ALM

I hope that this information helps! Please let us know if there are any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you!

Hilary Flygare

CA Agile Central Customer Support

• 3.  Re: HP ALM Connector - one way sync

Posted Jun 29, 2017 11:03 AM

Hello,

One more question: We created template for defect in CA Agile and would like to apply it to all defects that come from HP ALM. Right now it is applies to any defect created in CA Agile Central, but not to defects copied over from HP ALM. Do you know if I can use tag below to achieve that.

Did I help you today?

<https://www.globoforce.net/microsites/t/nomination/NominationProcess?action=ActionChooseNomineesOpen&client=uhg&browserId=wn-1466000520732-0.8836143427715736>Recognize my team:

•   Send e-mail to my manager: