Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  I can't see defects on the Iteration Planning board - Backlog column

Posted Jun 01, 2017 07:29 PM

On the Iteration Planning Board app, it shows defects and stories, and breaks them down into columns - one for the backlog, then one for each iteration.  

Defects are not showing in the Backlog column though, and I can't see why?  They show ok in the iteration columns, and I've checked the filters (User Story and Defect are both ticked).

This seems like a bug?

• 2.  Re: I can't see defects on the Iteration Planning board - Backlog column
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 02, 2017 05:16 PM

Are your Defects attached to a User Story?  I reported this in 2015 but was told it was WAD to not display Defects in the Backlog column if they are attached to a User Story (unlike the Plan > Backlog page).

• 3.  Re: I can't see defects on the Iteration Planning board - Backlog column

Posted Jun 05, 2017 06:19 PM

Thanks Pat - that appears to be the issue.  From a usability perspective, I still find it counterintuitive that I see them in both Plan > Backlog, and on the Iteration Planning Board when assigned to an Iteration.  It just makes the Iteration Planning Board less useful, as I was thinking we could pull both stories and defects into iterations from there, but at least you've answered my question!  :-)