Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I'm proud to announce open beta of Capacity Planning for...

Anon Anon

Anon AnonAug 13, 2015 10:08 AM

Legacy User

Legacy UserAug 13, 2015 03:38 PM

Legacy User

Legacy UserAug 17, 2015 04:46 PM

• 1.  I'm proud to announce open beta of Capacity Planning for...

Posted Aug 11, 2015 03:24 PM
    I'm proud to announce open beta of Capacity Planning for our UE customers.  You can find this new page under the Portfolio tab in the product.  This view allows you to create mid-range to long-range plans and model out the capacity of your teams and groups of teams.  If you have feedback with this new capability, please use the feedback button at the top of the page!

• 2.  Re:

Posted Aug 11, 2015 05:53 PM
    Excellent, looking forward to trying it out.  Quick question, what's the logic behind preventing a Subscription Admin from giving themselves planning permission?  Our subscription admins also happen to be our planners, which means I now need to ask someone else to give me permission even though I have given it to the others.

• 3.  Re:

Posted Aug 12, 2015 10:12 AM
    Kevin this issue you describe about Sub Admins not being able to grant themselves planner permissions is a one time grant. However, it is being discussed internally on how it will be implemented ultimately. Someone from product management might be able to provide more information, but to give some perspective I have customers who are in the banking and finance industry, and separation of duties and validations like this are sometimes good validation checks. It is only a one time event, so "one and done" is all it takes to get it started. Thanks for your feedback.

• 4.  Re:

Posted Aug 12, 2015 05:44 PM
    @CA Agile Central Subscription Admins @Portfolio Management

• 5.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 03:39 AM
    Hi Stephanie, liking the new Capacity Planning, its exactly what has been missing. One question though, the help mentions that you can "Use drag-and-drop to prioritize portfolio items under each team.". This doesn't seem to work for us. Any thoughts?

• 6.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 09:46 AM
    hi all, I don't see a way to assign subscription admin as a planner - am I missing something?

• 7.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 09:48 AM
    Seems like question is being asked before but what is that status on having this made available?

• 8.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 10:02 AM
    Hey @Andy Young, are you hovering your mouse over the grey bar at the left of the listed Portfolio Items?  When you hover over that bar, your cursor changes to the "move" icon and you can drag the PI over to a team.  Here's a quick video of what it should look like in my test sandbox: http://screencast.com/t/OyvauvJln9l

• 9.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 10:05 AM
    @Iskren Petkov, a Subscription Administrator cannot give the Planner permission to him/herself.  Rather, another Subscription Administrator will need to grant that permission.  So, if Admin A goes to edit Admin B's profile, the Planner checkbox should be available.  Does that help?

• 10.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 10:06 AM
    Yes thank you I suspected something like this will be needed

• 11.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 10:08 AM
    @Iskren Petkov just for clarification, this is currently available - a Subscription Administrator can be granted Planner permission.

• 12.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 10:08 AM
    ok thank you for clarification

• 13.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 10:25 AM
    Ah I gotcha @Andy Young, that's correct (for now at least)!

• 14.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 10:25 AM
    Thanks @John Streeter. It was a question about being able to re-prioritise within the Group Allocations view, we want to show the highest priority at the top. Looks like this is not yet supported and we will need to drag things in in the right order.

• 15.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 10:58 AM
    A sub admin can be given the planner permission, but cannot currently give themselves the planner permission.  This is because the permissions section of the user profile is hidden when you look at yourself. We are working on getting a fix out for this soon. We definitely believe a sub admin should be able to grant permissions for him or herself.  @Andy Young, I'll notify our user learning team that the section about prioritizing work within a team is misleading. You currently cannot do that.

• 16.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 02:56 PM
    Turns out if you switch to the new users grid, you can filter the view to yourself, add the planner column and make yourself a planner from the grid. This may be the best approach to move forward with as we get this story implemented.

• 17.  Re:

Posted Aug 13, 2015 03:38 PM
    Nice find @Stephanie Tanner!

• 18.  Re:

Posted Aug 17, 2015 07:20 AM
    @Stephanie Tanner, I don't see the Planner column as available to add to the users grid view, therefore can't set myself as a planner. I can make another user a temporary subadmin to work around this but what am I missing?

• 19.  Re:

Posted Aug 17, 2015 10:13 AM
    @Eric Nash that column will show up in the new Users page (beta).  Would you like us to toggle that on for you?

• 20.  Re:

Posted Aug 17, 2015 10:46 AM
    @John Streeter, that would be great, thank you!

• 21.  Re:

Posted Aug 17, 2015 10:58 AM
    Hi, we had access to this feature alpha version since about two months ago. Is there new functionality being added?

• 22.  Re:

Posted Aug 17, 2015 11:38 AM
    @Sergio Sainz, I believe we're still collecting feedback on that version.  But I'll see if our PO has anything else to add.

• 23.  Re:

Posted Aug 17, 2015 01:18 PM
    I'd like to get access to the beta user's grid.  It sounds like it would speed up the process of getting planner settings for everyone who needs it.

• 24.  Re:

Posted Aug 17, 2015 01:30 PM
    I just toggled it on for your individual account @Michael Oubre!

• 25.  Re:

Posted Aug 17, 2015 01:45 PM
    Sweet!  I spent an hour last week with the old interface assigning permissions to a handful our our team, and did all of the rest of them in 10 minutes with the new beta grid!  Thank you!

• 26.  Re:

Posted Aug 17, 2015 02:14 PM
    Sorry for last week, but that is AWESOME for today! :)

• 27.  Re:

Posted Aug 17, 2015 03:05 PM
    Could you please turn on the new beta users grid for our account?  Thanks!

• 28.  Re:

Posted Aug 17, 2015 04:46 PM
    Added for your subscription @Cheryl Rich!

• 29.  Re:

Posted Aug 18, 2015 09:22 AM
    Getting an error for Admin user  "Not able to create or edit a plan? Most likely you don’t have planning permissions."

• 30.  Re:

Posted Aug 18, 2015 09:39 AM
    Hi Dana @Admin Transformation, you (or another subscription administrator) will need to give "Planner" permissions to yourself or others who wish to use Capacity Planning.  Currently, one cannot assign planning permissions to him/herself.  However, if you switch to the new users grid (in beta), you can filter the view to yourself, add the planner column and make yourself a planner from the grid.  Please let me know if you'd like me to enable this for your subscription. This may be the best approach to move forward with as we make a change allowing admins to grant this access to themselves.

• 31.  Re:

Posted Aug 18, 2015 10:38 AM
    @Admin Transformation, we also have seen this issue arise with newly created planners. If you've been given planner permissions and are still seeing this error, try to log out and back in again.

• 32.  Re:

Posted Aug 24, 2015 11:22 AM
    Regardless of what order I drag the portfolio items over to the Group Allocation, it is placing one before the other.  I've tried removing both and dragging the first one in and then the second, but it keeps putting the second item before the first.  Is this a bug?

• 33.  Re:

Posted Aug 24, 2015 11:37 AM
    Hi @Cheryl Rich!  So -- the prioritization of those features is actually done first over on the left.  Make sure to prioritize those items first, then drag them over to Group Allocation.  The prioritization (after-drag) will reflect your previous prioritization as it can't be done again on the allocation side.  Learn more at https://help.rallydev.com/capacity-planning#backlog Hope that helps!

• 34.  Re:

Posted Aug 24, 2015 11:39 AM
    It is prioritized properly on the left.  The one I want to show first is higher on the left panel, but after dragging, they're switching order.

• 35.  Re:

Posted Aug 24, 2015 11:46 AM
    Hmm yep, that ain't right :).  @Cheryl Rich I'd submit a support case on it to see if we can reproduce it.  I don't see an existing defect on it.  Thanks for reporting!

• 36.  Re:

Posted Aug 24, 2015 11:58 AM
    @Cheryl Rich, currently the order in which it shows on the allocation side is by global rank.  We have heard feedback around wanting to reorder the items and are working hard to respond to that.

• 37.  Re:

Posted Aug 24, 2015 12:24 PM
    @Stephanie Tanner, the problem is that it is NOT showing by the global rank on the left.  This only seems to be happening in one instance.  I will submit a support case.