Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Can the release be selected based on the iteration?

Posted Mar 15, 2017 11:53 AM

Since the Release and Iteration records are separate selections at the story/defect level, we often have teams that update one field but not the other and skew reporting depending on which field said reporting is utilizing.  Is there a way to somehow map the iterations to their related Release so that when anyone enters an iteration the release value is automatically populated?  I haven't seen anything like this in the documentation, but I am wondering how we could do this.  Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Can the release be selected based on the iteration?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 16, 2017 12:26 PM

I don't think this is possible in CA Agile. By design iterations and releases are two different fields. Some team use release as deployment plan.  In one iteration these teams work on items that can go or deployed to production on different releases.

If you are always working on one release and each release is a group of few iterations, I would suggest to using a custom list to display story or defect assigned to an iteration but no release and periodically check. Alternately, you can set up a notification rule with similar filter.