Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Query values in Drop Down List (multi-value)

Posted Apr 15, 2016 08:33 AM
    I've created a custom Drop Down List (Multi-Value) and have assigned it to Portfolio Items. I've been trying to write a query against it to only show a Feature if something has been selected in the list, that is, that the custom filed has a value other than null.

Querying the field like this (c_myfield != null) doesn't work. I get a could not parse null for class Artifact.

I'm thinkning I need to qualify the query more. Something like c_myfield.value != null or c_myfield.contents != null, or something like that. Something that gets me to what the custom field is holding rather than the field itself.

Any suggestiongs?

• 2.  Re: Query values in Drop Down List (multi-value)

Posted Apr 19, 2016 07:15 AM
    Unfortunately multi-valued fields aren't (yet) available for querying either explicitly or in the GUI or Excel add-in. I've heard that this is on the CA roadmap but I haven't heard a confirmed ETA for delivery. As an interim workaround you can display and export those fields in a custom list app. Probably not that answer that you wanted to hear but at least you know your options- personally I'd rather have the feature available in its not-quite-complete state than not have it at all and my users are still finding good use cases for it.

• 3.  RE: Re: Query values in Drop Down List (multi-value)

Posted Jan 02, 2020 02:13 PM
    Has this made it to the list of things that Rally will update?
    I still can't query on Multi value drop downs. 
    Is there an ETA?

Regards,
    Nivi

------------------------------
    Project Coordinator
    John Deere
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

• 4.  RE: Re: Query values in Drop Down List (multi-value)
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 03, 2020 09:38 AM
    I can successfully query on custom multi-select fields.  For example, if you have a custom field called 'Product' and want to see items that don't have anything selected, the query would be:

(Product contains "")

To see only items with one or more items selected, use:

(Product !contains "")

I hope that helps!

Terry Ginzburg

• 5.  RE: Re: Query values in Drop Down List (multi-value)

Posted Jan 03, 2020 09:57 AM
    Oh, that's good to know. 
    My question is because I don't see these multi select custom fields in my Excel Add-in queries. Do you know if I'm supposed to be seeing these fields here? If yes, I'll probably open a support ticket.
    I assumed that regular querying on Rally's apps and Excel's Add-in querying would have the same limitations.

Regards,
    Nivi

Project Coordinator
    John Deere
    Cedar Falls, Iowa