Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Filter by task percentage completion

Posted Jun 05, 2019 11:29 AM
    Is there a way for me filter stories based on their task completion status?
    e.g. I want to filter and see all stories that are at a 95% task completion stage. 

I see that Track- Iteration Status page shows this percentage on cards if I want. But the same percentage is not shown when I use Custom list of user stories. 

------------------------------
    Nivi

• 2.  RE: Filter by task percentage completion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2019 06:24 PM
    Hi Nivi,

I don't think this is a single field that is brought in with the artifact that you can display.  I believe this value is computed on that page using completed tasks, vs uncompleted tasks.

• 3.  RE: Filter by task percentage completion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2019 09:37 PM
    Hi Nivi,

This I hope may help you:

In the Custom List app, you can click Settings and enter a query such as: (TaskRemainingTotal > your-threashold), for example (TaskRemainingTotal > 0). The Query field applies to all user stories displayed in that app and so that's a way to filter. TaskRemainingTotal > 0 basically will include only stories that still have tasks that aren't completed. Similarly if your query will be TaskReaminingTotal > 1 then it will include only stories that have more than 1 in-complete task, see this screenshot:

You can make a second copy of the Custom List app on your dashboard or on a custom page, and even name this app instance by a name that reflects that query filter such as: "Stories with Remaining Tasks". This way you can keep copies of the Custom List app each for the use-case you need.

Let us know if that helped.

Sagi

• 4.  RE: Filter by task percentage completion

Posted Aug 19, 2020 01:43 PM
    Hey Sagi,

Thanks for the response and sorry, it looks like I totally forgot to respond to this.

So I tried this with defects, and this is the query I used (TaskRemainingTotal = 1). I want to look at defects that have just one incomplete task. I get 2 defects in the output, but both of them have more than 1 task left. 

Why is that?

Regards,
    Nivi

Project Coordinator
    John Deere
    Cedar Falls, Iowa