Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to automatically authenticate Siteminder

Posted Oct 24, 2019 10:17 PM
    First of all, I'm not very familiar with Siteminder and probably this question was already asked before, but I couldn't find any information on the community.

So, I'm working on URL Monitoring with Sitescope. The basic idea is to create a Sitescope template that allows you to create a URL monitor and that way monitor different parts of the application (certificate expiration, content validation, error codes, etc).
    The problem is that some URLs sit behind Siteminder.

My question is, there is any way I can authenticate/pre-authenticate my session?

Sitescope has the ability to authenticate the connection if requested, but it seems that it manage Siteminder as part of the URL.
    Also, I'm able to use POST after the initial URL request.

Is it possible to authenticate Siteminder using POST?

• 2.  RE: How to automatically authenticate Siteminder
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 28, 2019 05:43 PM
    Hi Daniel,

If Sitescope can perform client certificate authentication, that may be the easiest solution.  Assuming the sites to be monitored do not currently use certificate auth, you can create a new resource that you protect with certificate authentication.  This new resource will allow Sitescope to gain a session, after which it can access all resources for which it's been granted authorization, regardless of which authentication methods the other resources use.

Regards,
    Pete