Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Not able to Import Data definition to Policy store

Posted Dec 02, 2019 04:32 AM
    Hello,

We are unable to create Domain (Getting error) in AdminUI. Getting below error.
    "Failed to execute CreateDomainEvent. ERROR MESSAGE: SmApiWrappedException:Class CA.SM::Domain does not have attribute CA.SM::Domain.IMSEnvironmentsLink"

I refered below link but while importing data definition to policy store, it is giving error message (CA.SM::IMSManagedObjectAttr@34-000ce86c-42bf-186f-9009-007bac1b904c: Failed to set the object's parent: [33-000ddfcb-93ab-1319-827b-007fac13904c]).

https://community.broadcom.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=762937#bmdd3f641c-bc36-4acc-95a5-0d8809a7b049

Also i have tested on my part and here are my findings:

1. As posted earlier on importing IdmSmObjects.xdd using XPSDDInstall, we are getting below error.

"Log output: /App/CA/siteminder/log/XPSDDInstall.2019-12-02_134559.log

Initializing database, please wait...

(ERROR) : [sm-xobsm-01260] CA.SM::IMSManagedObjectAttr@34-000ce86c-42bf-186f-9009-007bac1b904c: Failed to set the object's parent: [33-000ddfcb-93ab-1319-827b-007fac13904c].

(ERROR) : [sm-xpsxps-03920] CA.SM::IMSManagedObjectAttr: Parent class cannot be changed for 49 (line {1}).

(FATAL) : [sm-xpsxps-04130] File load failed."

From the above logs, it reminds me that it is now allowing some parent class to change for CA.SM::IMSManagedObjectAttr.

2. So we tried searching for the above CA.SM::IMSManagedObjectAttr running XPSExplorer. It is present in XID 141.

"

CLASS MENU************************************************************#17481

Class: IMSManagedObjectAttr [CA.SM::IMSManagedObjectAttr] *** OBSOLETE ***

SiteMinder Type:    52

Export Group:       None

Import Type:        None

Category:           Dictionary (1)

Data Category:      Object Store (2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

N - Create a New instance of this class

F - Find an object by XID or RID

S - Search objects

Q - Quit

Enter Option (NFSQ): S "

As we can see above there is no parent class seen for IMSManagedObjectAttr.

3. In our lower environment where AdminUI is functioning properly, we followed same procedure as in step 2.

"

CLASS MENU*************************************************************#3206

Class: IMSManagedObjectAttr [CA.SM::IMSManagedObjectAttr]

Parent Class:       CA.SM::IMSManagedObject

SiteMinder Type:    52

Export Group:       None

Import Type:        None

Category:           Dictionary (1)

Data Category:      Object Store (2)

A - List 12 Attributes

P - Show Parent Class

N - Create a New instance of this class

F - Find an object by XID or RID

S - Search objects

Q - Quit

Enter Option (APNFSQ): "

Here we can see parent class is present for IMSManagedObjectAttr.

Environment Details :
    Policy server Version : 12.70
    Policy store : 12.6

Regards,
    Shahbaz Shaikh

• 2.  RE: Not able to Import Data definition to Policy store

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 02, 2019 04:39 AM
    Hello Shahbaz,

Is there any reason why your policy store is not on the same level as your policy server?

Policy server Version : 12.70
    Policy store : 12.6

Your Siteminder upgrade is not complete until you upgrade the policy store to the same level as your Policy server. This should be done before creating objects via the AdminUI.

Thank you

Osarobo

• 3.  RE: Not able to Import Data definition to Policy store

Posted Dec 04, 2019 05:18 AM

Hi Osarobo,

We have others non prod and prod environment where we have the same scenario like in prod environment we have policy server version as 12.52 and ca directory 12.6. Also in other non prod environment we have policy server 12.7 and ca directory 12.6 installed and configured.
    But there we do not face any such issues with adminui. Our AdminuI is full functional in these environment.

It may not be the issue with version difference.

Regards,

Shahbaz Shaikh

• 4.  RE: Not able to Import Data definition to Policy store

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2019 11:00 AM
    Hello Shahbaz,

I misunderstood the your comment on your environment details. You did not add that the policy store version was CA Directory - I understood your comment to mean that your policy store was still using the Policy server 12.6 data definition.

It might be a good idea to open a support case whilst providing detailed background information of your environment and the issue like:

Is this a new environment?

Did you recently perform an upgrade of your Policy server?

Were you able to create objects via the AdminUI before?

If yes, what changed?

Also send us the Policy server lñogs and traces with the timestamp of the issue.

Thank you

• 5.  RE: Not able to Import Data definition to Policy store

Posted Dec 10, 2019 02:41 AM
    Hi Osarobo,

May be i am misunderstanding with the versioning part. We have CA Directory version as 12.6 (dxadmind -version).

Is there any way to find Policy store version particularly?

Regards,

Shahbaz Shaikh

• 6.  RE: Not able to Import Data definition to Policy store
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2019 03:10 AM
    Hello Shahbaz,

When upgrading the Policy server, some clients do not run the XPSDDInstall command to install the data definition files for the new version they are upgrading to. This is not a recommended practise. As previously communicated, I see this is not your case. To avoid any confusion, the next time your provide your environment details, just add the policy store vendor and version like CA Directory 12.6.

Again, It might be a good idea to open a support case whilst providing detailed background information of your environment and the issue like:

Is this a new environment?

Did you recently perform an upgrade of your Policy server?

Were you able to create objects via the AdminUI before?

If yes, what changed?

Also send us the Policy server lñogs and traces with the timestamp of the issue.

Thank you

Osarobo