Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Capture client's machine name / mac address

Posted Oct 22, 2019 02:17 PM
    In our environment, we are using CA SPS and SiteMinder. With this setup, we have integrated with an application that expects SiteMinder to send user machine details. 
    We are currently sending client's IP address in authorization headers but as application expects either the machine name / mac address, I wanted to know if SiteMinder is capable of capturing and sending those through headers. 

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Samarth Upasani
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Capture client's machine name / mac address

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 10:58 AM
    Hi Samarth ,

I am not aware of any out of the box functionality that can collect User Device name or mac address .
    We have Device DNA that collect the below details from client machine , however there is no way to read these details from the session store (Policy server will generate a Hash from the payload collected by Device DNA script and store it along with the session ID in session store) 

{"collector":"Browser","collectorVersion":"2.1.2","MFP":{"Browser":{"UserAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.106 Safari/537.36","Vendor":"Google Inc.","VendorSubID":"","BuildID":"20030107","CookieEnabled":true},"IEPlugins":{},"NetscapePlugins":{"Chrome PDF Plugin":"","Chrome PDF Viewer":"","Native Client":""},"Screen":{"FullHeight":1050,"AvlHeight":1023,"FullWidth":1680,"AvlWidth":1680,"ColorDepth":24,"PixelDepth":24},"System":{"Platform":"MacIntel","systemLanguage":"en-US","Timezone":300}},"ExternalIP":"10.65.88.7","MESC":{"mesc":"mi=2;cd=150;id=30;mesc=861040;mesc=915317"}}

Thank you 
    joe 

• 3.  RE: Capture client's machine name / mac address
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 23, 2019 11:47 AM
    Hi Samarth,

One option which I could think of is, depending on your login page you can use javascript to collect machine name and mac address and pass it as hidden variables or cookie to your application.

Regards
    Ashok