Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Siteminder + Advanced Authentication + Active Directroy + Mandatory Change Password

Posted Jun 08, 2020 09:16 AM

I integrated Advanced Authentication with SSO.

The users backend is on Active Directory.

Both Siteminder and AA see the same Active Directory directory.

What I want is that if a user has the "mandatory password change" in AD (or Expired Passwords), entering on AA protected resource, after authentication, he is forced to change password.

I have Password Service enabled: , if I access a resource protected by Siteminder (without AA) with a user who has the mandatory password change, I am correctly redirected to passwordservices.fcc to change my password.

Instead If I access a resource protected by AA, after authentication the process goes on (AA asks me for the second factor, in my case a PUSH). Note that in the authentication scheme I have enabled the management of password services.

Where am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance! 

• 2.  RE: Siteminder + Advanced Authentication + Active Directroy + Mandatory Change Password
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2020 06:00 PM
    Hi Marco,

There is an additional setting need to be done to achieve this use case, in your adaptershim.ini file you have to populate this attribute PasswdSvcUserAtt under the active section e.g. if your profile is siteminder , add the attribute under this section
    [arcot/integrations/smadapter/siteminder]

#
    # One-Page login scenario
    #
    PasswdSvcUserAtt=co

The attribute 'co' which is just an example should have R+W access and it is important that no other application is updating this attribute but only used for the profile. This attribute has to be to unique and no other application should update this attribute but only the application protected by the siteminder example in this case.
    Once this is updated you can wait for 5 minutes for the properties file to reload or if Policy server can be restarted that should be fine as well.
    Please test and let us know.

-Namish

• 3.  RE: Siteminder + Advanced Authentication + Active Directroy + Mandatory Change Password

Posted Aug 18, 2020 05:40 AM

Hi Namish,
    Thanks for your help. It work 

but I receive an error by shimerror.fcc  "Invalid password format. Please retry.

Auth flow is this:
    LDAP AUTH ---> PUSH ---> PASSWORD CHANGE FCC --> SHIMERROR.FCC WITH "Invalid password format. Please retry.

Any ideas ? 

By the way: I  know that in shim.fcc the password are in  hexEncoded before the POST, but this non happen in my fcc for password service (it is shared for siteminder, without advanced auth). Can be this the cause ?

• 4.  RE: Siteminder + Advanced Authentication + Active Directroy + Mandatory Change Password

Posted Sep 04, 2020 07:20 AM
    It worked only after adding  PasswdSvcUserAtt=co  even in profile section (non only in global)