Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to change Base URL in Admin UI 12.8

Posted May 04, 2020 04:18 AM
    How can i change the base URL of Admin UI in version 12.8. In previous versions we could temporarily enable the sitemindermanage console. Is there any alternative way to do so in 12.8?

Best regards,
    Dirk

• 2.  RE: How to change Base URL in Admin UI 12.8

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 12, 2020 03:11 AM
    Hi Dirk

I have enabled siteminder management console in 12.8 sp3, but it is not working.

C:\Program Files\CA\siteminder\adminui\standalone\deployments\iam_siteminder.ear\management_console.war\WEB-INF
    Access Filter : from false to true

It is better to open a case. Broadcom support team can check it with the engineering team whether it is changed or removed.

Kind regards

B.K.

• 3.  RE: How to change Base URL in Admin UI 12.8

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2020 11:31 AM
    The base URL is stored in the Admin UI Derby database so it is possible to modify the value using a tool like ij, but you'd have to check with support whether it's a supported method to modify the DB directly.

Another method that I believe should be supported is to stop Admin UI, remove/rename the data directory (e.g.: /opt/CA/siteminder/adminui/standalone/data,) run XPSRegClient to re-register the UI, restart and login using the new URL for the first time.

Regards,
    Richard

• 4.  RE: How to change Base URL in Admin UI 12.8
    Best Answer

Posted May 14, 2020 03:24 AM
    Thanks Richard,
    In this end I did it this way. But i think yre-register is probably the quicker way.

Steps:

Copy struts.jar to E:\CA\siteminder\adminui\standalone\deployments\iam_siteminder.ear from an older version.

copy struts.jar to E:\CA\siteminder\adminui\standalone\deployments\iam_siteminder.ear

Add to E:\CA\siteminder\adminui\standalone\deployments\iam_siteminder.ear\META-INF\applications.xml

<module id="IM_Management_Console">

<web>

<web-uri>management_console.war</web-uri>

<context-root>/iam/sitemindermanage</context-root>

</web>

</module>

Add to E:\CA\siteminder\adminui\standalone\deployments\iam_siteminder.ear\META-INF\jboss-deployment-structure.xml

<sub-deployment name="management_console.war">

<dependencies></dependencies>

</sub-deployment>

Change E:\CA\siteminder\adminui\standalone\deployments\iam_siteminder.ear\management_console.war\WEB-INF\web.xml

<filter>

<filter-name>AccessFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>com.netegrity.ims.manage.filter.AccessFilter</filter-class>

<init-param>

<param-name>Enable</param-name>

<param-value>true</param-value>

<param-value>true</param-value>

</init-param>

</filter>