Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Slow Response from Siteminder

Posted Jun 29, 2020 08:17 AM
    Hello All,
    I have a query.
    For one of our applications in our environment, app team is getting slow response in load testing.
    So I wanted to understand :
    1) Where and how exactly we can verify that how much time did Siteminder take to process any particular request?
    2) What all can be sources of this slowness apart from network?
    3) What all things need to be checked on Policy Server and WebAgent side?

Regards
    Satyendra

• 2.  RE: Slow Response from Siteminder

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2020 06:22 PM
    Hi Satyendra,

Performance tuning can be complex. It will depend on how deep you would like to dive in, and how much load you intend to preform (transaction rate).
    1) Where and how exactly we can verify that how much time did Siteminder take to process any particular request?
    //Turn on web agent trace and policy server trace log, then conduct log analysis after a load test run.

2) What all can be sources of this slowness apart from network?
    //web agent configuration, policy server tuning and configuration, LDAP directory response time, server resources, cache size etc.

3) What all things need to be checked on Policy Server and WebAgent side?
    //Here is a good starting point from book shelf.
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/single-sign-on/12-8/implementing/implementing-ca-single-sign-on/performance-tuning.html

In some cases, customers may have to seek service's help on a contract basis to further improve over all performance.

Thank You,

Hongxu Liu

• 3.  RE: Slow Response from Siteminder

Posted Jul 07, 2020 12:53 PM
    Thanks Liu. I will check on these.