Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Trouble finding SiteMinder Platform Support Matrix

Posted Jun 25, 2020 06:05 PM
    I'm trying to locate the latest version of the Platform Support Matrix (PSM) and my attempt to follow the instructions posted at the link shown below was not successful.  I would appreciate any help finding the latest PSM and any comments regarding my notes.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/single-sign-on/12-8/platform-support-and-installation-media.html

From the above link [my notes in brackets]:

Locate the Platform Support Matrix
    Use the Platform Support Matrix to verify that the operating environment and other required third-party components are supported.
    Follow these steps:
    1. Click
      Enterprise Software
      The Enterprise Software Support page displays.
    2. Type-in
      CA Single Sign-On
      in the Search Support bar and click the Search icon.
      The Support page for CA Single Sign-On displays.

3. Click
      See All News
      under the News Section in the What's New tab.
      The list of news items for the product are displayed.
    4. Select
      LAYER7 SITEMINDER (PREVIOUSLY CA SSO) PLATFORM SUPPORT MATRICES
      under
      Product News
      The Platform Support Matrices for CA Single Sign-On displays.

[ The page refers to the product as CA Single Sign-on, not LAYER7 SITEMINDER.  In any case, isn't the product now branded as Symantec SiteMinder? ]

5. (Optional) Click
      Platform Support Matrices
      at the top of the page to go directly to the correct table.

[ I was not able to find this link. ]

6. Click
      PDF
      against the platform support matrix version you want.

[ I did not see any recent Product News items related to the Platform Support Matrix. ]

------------------------------
    Sr. Services Consultant
    HCL Technologies

• 2.  RE: Trouble finding SiteMinder Platform Support Matrix

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2020 06:50 PM
    Hi Richard,

Following is the direct link to the page where you can locate ALL the SiteMinder Platform Support Matricies;

https://support.broadcom.com/external/content/release-announcements/Layer7-SiteMinder-previously-CA-SSO-platform-support-matrices/6578

Thanks,

• 3.  RE: Trouble finding SiteMinder Platform Support Matrix

Posted Jun 26, 2020 12:09 PM
    Edited by Richard J Faust Jun 26, 2020 12:10 PM
    Thanks, Rick, that helps.  I've been using CA and Broadcom documentation for 20 years and I still find it's often less than straightforward to find things.  I can only imagine the impression newer customers must have.   There are still a couple loose ends on this topic:

1. There used to be a link on the documentation pages where you could provide feedback and errata, but I didn't see such a link on the page I quoted to start this thread.  What's the correct way to advise Broadcom of possible improvements to their documentation:  email (to whom, a person or a service account?), post in communities such as this one, or other?
    2. Would you please advise the path you navigated to find the Platform Support Matrix?  I flopped around for 30 minutes or so trying to find it, which is at least one data point suggesting the way to find the Platform Support Matrix is not intuitive.  In my view, it's an important document that should be easy to find, not a scavenger hunt.  I'm looking for a method that makes future searches easier for me and others, since specific bookmarks change but search terms and/or a method for finding the Platform Support Matrix might be easier to remember.

Sr. Services Consultant
    HCL Technologies