Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA SSO REST Services - Facing issues with /ca/api/sso/services/policy/v1/deployment/import service

Posted Aug 28, 2019 03:10 PM
    Hello Everyone,

I am trying to explore CA SSO REST API services and I am facing an issue with /ca/api/sso/services/policy/v1/deployment/import service

1. I have exported federation partnership with /ca/api/sso/services/policy/v1/deployment/export command by providing "passPhrase" value as well.

2. Export service worked fine and I was able to download the federation partnership configuration as an XML file

3. I have then changed the federation partnership name and description by opening the XML file

4. I have tried to import the updated XML content with /ca/api/sso/services/policy/v1/deployment/import service. I have also provided the correct "passPhrase" in the body.

5. But I am getting the below error 

[2019-08-28 18:57:26][ERROR][RestServlet:com.ca.siteminder.sdk.restservlet.RestServlet.doLog(RestServlet.java:145)][RESPONSE_BODY:
    {
    "responseType": "error",
    "status": 400,
    "data": [
    {
    "msgId": "sm-xpsxps-05850",
    "args": [
    "ImportFile_1567018646403.xml"
    ],
    "message": "Decryption failed.",
    "code": -1
    }
    ]
    }]

I am sure I am giving the correct "passPhrase" .value.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this issue.

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Gopi.
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: CA SSO REST Services - Facing issues with /ca/api/sso/services/policy/v1/deployment/import service
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2019 11:47 AM

"passPhrase" is required when submitting the request using API import. "passPhrase" must be submitted in beginning of the line on top and within xml content itself.
    Here is technical article about the solution:

https://ca-broadcomcsm.wolkenservicedesk.com/wolken/esd/knowledgebase_search?articleId=136473

Hongxu

• 3.  RE: CA SSO REST Services - Facing issues with /ca/api/sso/services/policy/v1/deployment/import service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2019 11:51 AM
    Edited by Hongxu Liu Sep 27, 2019 11:53 AM
    Another related article:
    The particular partnership must be deactivated, before importing it again. Otherwise get different error 400 "Import failed."
    https://ca-broadcomcsm.wolkenservicedesk.com/wolken/esd/knowledgebase_search?articleId=136633

• 4.  RE: CA SSO REST Services - Facing issues with /ca/api/sso/services/policy/v1/deployment/import service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2019 02:24 PM
    I don't believe the scenario will work as you expect because while you've changed the partnership name & description in the XML before import, there are unique identifiers that map to the object name that will continue to cause conflict.

I had tried the same scenario on an EpmApplication.  After changing the name and importing, I received a HTTP 200 OK, but I did not see the new application get created in the UI.   

A better option would be to test the exporting/importing into different policy store environments.  

To test with the same environment, perform an export with the "mainObjectsMethod" set to OVERLAY. Make a name or description change via the UI, then perform the import to see the changes reverted back to original.

Warren