Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Advanced Authentication 9.0.0

Posted Oct 21, 2019 04:50 PM
    Hi, we are using the standard app of ca adv. auth

we are unable to re-enroll a user, we are missing the "Forgot your PIN" in the arcotafm/masterEnrollment.jsp?profile=OTP web page.
    if we try to enroll an already enrolled user we receive only this message :

"Update of your details or credentials is not required. "

We have  support cases running since 6 months (sending log,config file,fiddler trace, replying to same questions for one hundred times....), with no solutions

Can someone please help ? 

thank you!

• 2.  RE: CA Advanced Authentication 9.0.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2019 11:07 AM
    Hi Patrizio,

Apologies if you did not get proper response on support issue, if you could help me with the support issue number that will be helpful.
    "Forget your PIN" option is available OOTB on sample application, please see this screen shot -

I am testing with the customapp application which comes OOTB in product and can be found in ARCOT_HOME/sampleapplications folder. How you are validating that this screen is not visible to you, do you have a customized application?
    Please use the customapp.war file for the test if you need to and then you can do comparisons on your end what is missing.
    Let me know if there is any additional questions.

• 3.  RE: CA Advanced Authentication 9.0.0

Posted Oct 23, 2019 04:00 AM
    Edited by Patrizio Begni Oct 23, 2019 04:15 AM
    case numbers :
    still open 20079447
    closed

we are using standard application

already enrolled user :
    page shown after "Continue"
    no "Forget your PIN" option shown ...

• 4.  RE: CA Advanced Authentication 9.0.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 02:25 PM
    Does these two screen shots are in consequence to each other, if yes then there is some issue even before you reach that screen, are you using customapp.war file for test and is there any other user who is moving ahead, what about the enrollment, does it work for you.
    Also did you modify any part of the code or did any customization because as i shared my screen shots the flow is standard and you should see the next pages where it says FYP.

• 5.  RE: CA Advanced Authentication 9.0.0
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 23, 2019 02:49 PM
    Thank you Namish. 
    Finally we solved it with the support 😀

• 6.  RE: CA Advanced Authentication 9.0.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2019 11:16 AM
    Hi Patrizio,

You mentioned "We have  support cases running since 6 months (sending log,config file,fiddler trace, replying to same questions for one hundred times....), with no solutions".

Below is my response:
    For case 20021993 on Aug 7, a webex was sent to Vittoria who was the contact person for the case but no one joined the webex from your end. 
    For case 20004633, the requested steps were provided to Vittoria on how to re-enroll the user. The steps were provided within 10 days. Later Vittoria faced an error enrolling the user which lead to opening of case 20021993 .

For case 20079447 the solution was provided within 12 days.

Thanks
    Awijit

• 7.  RE: CA Advanced Authentication 9.0.0

Posted Oct 24, 2019 11:25 AM
    Edited by Patrizio Begni Oct 24, 2019 11:26 AM
    Hi Awijit ,

Victoria is not an employee of our company, but is from a system integrator company, that installed and configured for us the CA ADV AUTH.
    She told us that the support was requested on CA (before Broadcom acquisition), since from April/May 2019; i don't know why she stopped to collaborate with Broadcom, and what's happened with her.

BTW now the problem was solved, 

Thank You