Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Mobile OTP Desktop client

Posted Aug 29, 2019 10:45 AM
    Hello,

For one of our customers we are implementing CA Desktop OTP standalone client. They would like to customize it and have some concerns that are not covered by the documentation:

1) Can we change font weight of the text (like make the button text that says "Generate OTP" bold for example)? We have seen that all the displayed messages are coming from .resx files that do not accept html tags that can be used to change the way the text looks.
    2) Can we hide any of the application buttons? They would like to remove the Delete Account and Edit Account buttons from the "Manage Accounts" menu. Is there a valid reason why they should be there visible for all users?
    3) When in "Manage Accounts" menu, can we automatically return to the previous screen (closing this window) after having selected an ID without having to click on X?

Thank you,
    Alex

• 2.  RE: Mobile OTP Desktop client
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2019 12:12 PM
    Hi Alex,

Please see the answers in order -

1. You are right, it does not accept the HTML tags so changing the font does not seem possible but i want to research this little more and come back.

2. Delete account or edit account gives the flexibility to the users to do re registration for any reason, Desktop client is managed by the user who is accessing the system so the control should also be with them, there is no Administrator assigned to do these activities and product does not allow that.

3.  This is also not possible right now but a good suggestion and i will pass that along.

• 3.  RE: Mobile OTP Desktop client

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2019 12:32 PM
    Hi Alex,

We additionally provide the ArcotID OTP PlatformIndependent Java Library, it was released long back, you can create your own standalone application using this and if any further information is needed, i will suggest to open a support issue to get the required libraries.