Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  SAML Expression to send displayName attribute value of the group in comma separated

Posted Oct 04, 2019 01:48 PM
    Hi, 

I need to send Attribute value SAML response in comma separated or values in same element(like we sent using FMATTR:) to SP.
    Challenge which I am facing is need to send the display value of the group name. Here the display values are numeric numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4. 

Attribute value of displayName for this Group cn=A12345,ou=groups,o=xyz.com is 1
    Attribute value of displayName of this Group cn=B12345,ou=groups,o=xyz.com  is 2
    Attribute value of displayName of this Group cn=C12345,ou=groups,o=xyz.com  is 3
    Attribute value of displayName of this Group cn=D12345,ou=groups,o=xyz.com  is 4

SAML response: 

<Atrribute Name="roles"><Atrribute Name="roles">
                     <AttributeValue>1</AttributeValue>
                     <AttributeValue>2</AttributeValue>
                     <AttributeValue>3</AttributeValue>
                     <AttributeValue>4</AttributeValue>
    </Atrribute Name>

(or)

<ns2:Attribute Name="roles" NameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:attrname-format:basic"> <ns2:Atrribute values="roles">1,2,3,4</ns2:AttributeValue></ns2:Attribute>

As per process we cannot keep group cn value as numeric values in Directory server. So, I cannot use the below mentioned expression to send comma separated value. 
    TRANSLATE(ENUMERATE(Get('isMemberOf'), STRING(RDN(STRING(%0), FALSE))),'^',',',TRUE)
    I have tried the below expression but it gives comma infront, if user are not part of that groups (Ex Group DN: cn=A12345,ou=groups,o=xyz.com and cn=B12345,ou=groups,o=xyz.com) and but present present in Y12345 and Z12345.

Attribute value of displayName for this Group cn=A12345,ou=groups,o=xyz.com is 1
    Attribute value of displayName of this Group cn=B12345,ou=groups,o=xyz.com  is 2
    Attribute value of displayName of this Group cn=C12345,ou=groups,o=xyz.com  is 3
    Attribute value of displayName of this Group cn=D12345,ou=groups,o=xyz.com  is 4

(GET('isMemberOf') CONTAINS ('A12345') ? '1' : '') + "," + (GET('isMemberOf') CONTAINS ('B12345') ? '2' : '') + "," + (GET('isMemberOf') CONTAINS ('C12345') ? '3' : '') + (GET('isMemberOf') CONTAINS ('D12345') ? '4' : '')
    The result for above expression is ,,3,4

The expected expression should be just 3,4.

Could someone please suggest on this?

Thanks in advance. 

• 2.  RE: SAML Expression to send displayName attribute value of the group in comma separated

Posted Oct 09, 2019 11:18 AM
    Hi @Patrick Dussault

Any suggestion on this please? ​

• 3.  RE: SAML Expression to send displayName attribute value of the group in comma separated

Posted Oct 20, 2019 12:09 PM
    Edited by Karthick Sugumaran Oct 20, 2019 12:09 PM
    Any experts have suggestion on this expression?
    Please advise. ​

• 4.  RE: SAML Expression to send displayName attribute value of the group in comma separated
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2019 11:10 PM
    I don't have anything off the top of my head other than adding a comma using an expression but you must have thought about it which is going to be an expensive expression for a comma :( 

Most customers just send the CN values of the groupnames and they already come with separator automatically.
    Are you doing this because the number of groups are beyond what can be set in the assertion?

How about custom assertion generator to handle it there instead of using expression?

------------------------------
    Support Engineer 5
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------