Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Siteminder and Oracle Java

Posted May 14, 2020 04:45 PM

Please provide us with information about Broadcom's plan to get siteminder off of Oracle Java or provide the customers with Oracle licensing? We are migrating to Azul Java and there is no support for Siteminder with Azul as I understand it.

• 2.  RE: Siteminder and Oracle Java
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 04:59 PM
    As part of Broadcom's direction to support open-source Java in its products, SiteMinder 12.8.3 and beyond supports AdoptOpenJDK for installation and configuration of all the components. Administrative UI is now shipped with AdoptOpenJDK instead of Oracle JDK. Starting from this release, all the components will be tested using AdoptOpenJDK.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/single-sign-on/12-8-03/release-notes/new-features.html

• 3.  RE: Siteminder and Oracle Java

Posted May 15, 2020 03:31 PM
    Thanks Warren, i noticed it earlier from release notes.
    Azul Java is yet another flavor of OpenJDK, are there any statements on PSM mentioning about support of other Java flavors ( such as Azul) on a commercial or best effort basis ?

I don't see support matrix for 12.8 sp3, is there a direct link to it ?

• 4.  RE: Siteminder and Oracle Java

Posted May 19, 2020 02:17 AM

Hi Kannan,

We only support AdoptOpenJDK from SiteMinder r12.8.03, no other flavors of OpenJDK are supported.

The PSM has reference only to AdoptOpenJDK.  Here is the direct link to download the PSM. Download PDF next to "CA Single Sign-On 12.8" for 12.8.x releases.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/product-content//recommended-reading/technical-document-index/ca-siteminder-informational-documentation-index.html

Regards,
    Siva.

------------------------------
    QA Architect
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------